Job description / Role
System Administrator will implement and administer company document management system and related procedures that allow organizations to capture, store, retrieve, share, and destroy electronic records and documents. He will be responsible for the effective provisioning, installation / configuration, operation and maintenance of systems hardware, software and related infrastructure including end-user systems. DMS System Administrator will work with other IT team members to assist end-users solving common hardware and software problems and ensures that system hardware, software and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff to carry out their work.
• Act as the subject matter expert on Document Management System application, including planning, testing, configuration, debugging, integration and implementation.
• Monitor all components of the DMS environment for performance and stability.
• Define, analyze and execute diagnostic and update scripts to troubleshoot and/or address application or specific problems.
• Coordinate backup and recovery strategies for all DMS databases in accordance with Company standards.
• Control and monitor access to the application through the design and implementation of database security measures.
• Designs, coordinates, and develop initiatives to enhance overall effectiveness and efficiency of document information storage, retrieval, transfer and security. Continues to review possible future initiatives to enhance document management system
• Manage, Implement and Develop e-Forms, Document Templates and Workflows.
• Collaborates with department head and staff in the design of document system enhancement projects
• Coordinates the implementation of future upgrades to document management system.
• Manage and administer user accounts, user roles, permissions and document/forms access.
• Act as the central point of contact for all DMS support, related issues, including registration of organizations, provision of access to DMS.
• Carry out periodic audit on user accounts and access permissions to prevent unauthorized access to the DMS data.
• Organize periodic review to evaluate systems performance.
• Keep up to date with software support products and supplier changes.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in MIS/Computer Science- UAE NATIONAL
• 1 to 3 years of experienced as System Administrator (Fresh Graduate are welcome to apply).
• Has an understanding of document management system design and functionality.
• Knowledge of SharePoint or JD Edwards Applications is a plus.
• Experience in providing technical support.
• Strong computer skills, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Acrobat Professional.
• Fluent in English (essential) and Arabic (desirable).
About the Company
The Dulsco story began in 1935 when Mohammed Khan Abdulla Mirza Abdulla, the father of the present Chairman of Dulsco, Abdul Aziz Mohammed Khan Abdulla, appointed some able-bodied men to row their dhows through the Dubai Creek to a British India Steam Navigation Company owned ship at anchor in the Arabian Gulf, and bring ashore its cargo of foodstuff and clothing. Our stevedoring service launched then is still one of the many services that we provide. We consider ourselves the oldest stevedoring company in Dubai.
By the 1970s and the opening of Port Rashid in Dubai, we were a full-fledged stevedoring company serving the port. We started providing more manpower services by the 80s and became one of the earliest human resource management companies in Dubai.
In the 90s we began providing manpower outsourcing services and later we added waste management and other services to our portfolio. In 2005, Dulsco became a limited liability company and expanded its services to include all the emirates and neighbouring Gulf countries and today is one of the foremost HR solutions provider and recruitment agencies in Dubai.