Job description / Role
- Develop/maintain our production infrastructure on AWS.
- Production-level deployment and administration for Web Service system (Apache, Nginx, Tomcat, MySQL, etc.).
- Ensure 99.9% continuity of our existing infrastructure.
- Work with development team on deployment, testing and securing applications including scaling them for performance and reliability.
- Develop automation and processes to enable teams to deploy, manage, configure, scale and monitor applications in cloud.
- Document DevOps processes, procedures, installations, configurations, and projects.
- Extensive knowledge of Linux/UNIX (RHEL/Ubuntu/FreeBSD) base systems administration and performance tuning.
- Understanding and experience working with high availability, high performance, multi-data center systems and hybrid cloud environments.
- Experience with build systems and configuration management systems (Docker, Ant, Maven, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, and Salt).
- Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
- Strong ability to troubleshoot complex issues ranging from system resources to application stack traces.
- Experience with MySQL/MongoDB including replication.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (EC2/VPC/S3/ELB/IAM/RDS and Auto Scaling).
- Prior experience supporting large scale, highly available, service-oriented, distributed production systems
- Knows devops tools of the trade: "jenkins, rundeck, Netflix OSS, vagrant, etc."
- Experience in a microservice environment
About the Company
MBC Group is the largest satellite TV and radio network in the Middle East based in Dubai Media City. It broadcasts a portfolio of Arabic and Western entertainment channels; as well as managing the Al Arabiya news channel and New Media platforms. The group has expanded significantly in the last several years moving from one TV and radio channel to ten TV, four radio channels and a range of broadcast and news service companies. Additionally the Group operates a number of successful websites and is aggressively expanding its internet and multiplatform operations.