System Administrator, Cloud
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job description / Role
Looking for a talented and solutions-oriented System Administrator to take charge of the entire Operations and Maintenance Support of the Cloud Platform at G42, one of the UAE’s largest high-tech, AI-driven conglomerates.
To be the prime mover behind the maintenance and management of G42’s Cloud Platform, helping the group achieve their long-term business goals and objectives.
G42 is an Abu Dhabi based artificial intelligence and cloud computing company with a global footprint delivering holistic and scalable solutions to a variety of commercial and government clients. The Group’s business operations cover a wide range of industry verticals including Healthcare, Government, Smart City & Smart Mobility, Oil & Gas, Fintech, Geospatial, Aviation, Cloud Computing, Big Data Analytics and Sports.
Reporting to the Senior Director – Technical Operations, you will ensure maximum uptime of Cloud Services and be responsible for all Incident, Service Request, and Change Management processes.
- Provide tier-2, in-depth technical O&M support and administration of 24x7x365 always-available production environment.
- Provide expert knowledge in the Cloud technology domain.
- Adhere to defined production support processes
- Collaborate with the operational and maintenance teams of key vendors.
- Contribute to the internal knowledge base.
Skills and attributes for success
The success parameters in your role include uptime of the platform, cost savings achieved by the department, and internal customer NPS.
To qualify, you must have
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or relevant field
- Minimum 3 years of proven work experience as a Linux Administrator, Technical Support Engineer or similar in a Linux production environment
- Extensive experience with server-level operating systems Unix/Linux, and facilitating high-level engineering
- Understanding of distributed storage systems such as CEPH, EMC ECS, HDFS and protocols like FC, iSCSI, NFS, CIFS, etc.
- Knowledge of networks, routers, switches, firewalls and deep understanding of TCP/IP stack
- Experience with automation/configuration management using either Puppet, Chef or Ansible.
- Familiarity with Kubernetes, Docker and monitoring tools.
- Knowledge and experience of OpenStack production design, operations, and troubleshooting
Ideally, you’ll also need
- Ability to learn new technology in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot complex technical issues
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Self-driven, motivated and results-oriented, customer-centric mindset
What we look for:
If you are a performance-driven, inquisitive mind with the agility to adapt to ambiguity, you will fit right in. You should be eager to explore opportunities to build meaningful collaborations with stakeholders and aspire to create unique customer-centric solutions. Bias for action and a passion to conquer new frontiers in the AI space is at the heart of the G42 community.
What working at G42 offers:
Culture: An open, diverse and inclusive environment with a global vision that encourages personal growth and focuses on ground-breaking, industry-first innovations.
Career: Outstanding learning, development & growth opportunities via structured training programs and innovative, high-tech projects.
Work-Life: A hybrid work policy to strike the perfect balance between office and home.
Rewards: A competitive remuneration package with a host of perks including healthcare, education support, leave benefits and more.
G42 is a global leader in creating visionary artificial intelligence for a better tomorrow. Born in Abu Dhabi and operating across the world, G42 champions AI as a powerful force for good. Its people are constantly reimagining what technology can do, applying advanced thinking and innovation to accelerate progress and tackle society’s most pressing problems.
G42 is driving change in the region and beyond, joining forces with nations, corporations and individuals to create the infrastructure for tomorrow’s world. From molecular medicine to space travel and everything in between, G42 realizes exponential possibilities, today.
Visit our website www.g42.ai for more information.
To confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us.
G42 is the force that gets you further. Join us.
About the Company
Group 42 is an Abu Dhabi based artificial intelligence (AI) and cloud computing company, uniquely positioned in the national ecosystem to develop and deploy holistic and scalable AI solutions.
• Industry Solutions: experienced team of data scientists and engineers based in Abu Dhabi. • Fundamental AI research, through our subsidiary the Inception Institute of Artificial Intelligence (IIAI), on AI, big data and machine learning. • Cloud Computing Infrastructure: the largest and most powerful Cloud Computing capability in the region. • Multidisciplinary and diverse team.
G42 has an active and extensive partnership network, connecting leading international organizations who complement our ecosystem and support our vision. Our partnerships range from strategic teaming agreement, joint ventures, to direct investment by G42.