Job description / Role
Mainly responsible for the smooth operation of computer systems for proprietary in house platforms as well as third party off the shelf platforms, co-location data centers and for the provision end user support in the London office where that is required. The role has direct and continuous interactions and communications with ADSS IT management, Networks Management and Support, Platform and application support and desktop/systems support across all offices working permanently in the ADSS London office. The role also handles a lot of interactions with various nationalities, cultures and different levels of professionals from IT and other business areas.
Systems and Platform Backend support
• Help tune performance and ensure high availability of infrastructure; provide end to end support on backend systems - CentOS, Linux, Unix Operating Systems
• Assist DBA engineer on day to day activities for maintenance and support/cover of Databases, database structures and tables, cleanups
• Create and implement automated scripts to standardize regular routine activities and checks on a day to day basis.
• Assist line manager in the design and development of infrastructure monitoring and reporting tools (Open Source tool (Zabbix, etc),Nagios and others)
• Assist line manager in identifying gaps and providing temporary and permanent fixes on existing CentOS and Linux based systems and platforms
• Develop and maintain configuration management solutions
• Assist line manager in creating automated tools and scripts to make the most out of available infrastructure (back end optimization)
• Provide onsite and remote support to users where that is required
• Act as point of escalation for London office data center for maintenance and support
• Ability to troubleshoot both trading and core applications as well as niche applications where those are required end to end
• Ability to work in datacenter environments
• Quick learner, multi task and adapt easily to all environments at short notice
• Provide support out of hours and on call
Infrastructure Management (Servers OS, Databases, Networks )
• Installing and configuring computer hardware, CentOS, Linux, Unix operating systems and applications as well as Windows basic systems
• Taking ownership of the monitoring and maintaining of computer systems primarily in the colocation trading datacenters as well as the rest of the world where required
• Familiarity with fundamentals of Linux scripting languages (cronjobs, automating scripts etc)
• Experience installing, configuring and maintaining services such as Apache, MySQL, Nging, Cygwin, Bind
• Familiar with Load Balancing pools and automation, firewalls etc.
• Proficient with basic network tools for troubleshooting such as iptbales, Linux IPVs etc
• Ability to build and monitor services on production servers
• Working knowledge of servers and switches
• Ownership and accountability of hardware support contracts
• Troubleshooting system/network problems, diagnosing and solving hardware/software faults acting as a level 2 and level 3 engineer
• Experience in installation, configuration and troubleshooting of VM Ware Infrastructure
• BSc IT or Engineering discipline
• Experience supporting with Linux Servers in virtualized and CLOUD environments
• At least 6 years of experience in infrastructure & user support/management, working with multi-cultural/multinational environment.
• Certifications in any Linux+ CompTIA, RHCE, GCUX, ORACLE LINUX OCA &OCP, LPI an advantage
• Previous experience with supporting Low Latency high frequency environments infrastructure an added advantage
• PostgreSQL experience and exposure an advantage
• NUTANIX virtual environment knowledge an advantage
• Hyper-V and Virtualisation knowledge important
• Backup and Storage technologies knowledge important
• Cloud technologies knowledge and exposure preferred
• Additional Certifications: Microsoft Certifications, an advantage
• Experience in supporting trading Applications and Platforms is an added advantage.
• Any further IT accreditation an advantage
About the Company
Abu Dhabi-based ADS Securities provides sophisticated forex, bullion and commodities trading solutions to institutional and professional investors.
Current clients include global and regional hedge funds, central banks, asset managers, market-using banks, other non-bank financial institutions and qualified trading professionals.
ADS Securities is the fastest growing Middle East based trading platform which brings together excellence in technology, world class liquidity and international standards of service to provide traders with exceptional spreads and prices.
Located in a stable and resilient marketplace, with a high level of capitalisation, ADS Securities is developing a new and dynamic forex market. Leveraging its relationships with tier 1 primary brokers and liquidity provides and by bringing in regional liquidity, ADS Securities is extending the trading hours of the major markets – bridging liquidity flows from the far-east to Europe, maintaining spreads and prices for 24/7 investors.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
IT Service Desk Senior Analyst
IT Help Desk 2nd Line
A Leading Group Of Companies In The UAE.
|Al Ain||31 Mar|
IT Service Desk Engineer
IT Helpdesk Specialist