Job description / Role
At DarkMatter, we are building an organisation of specialists to provide the ultimate integrated cyber security protection available. Whatever the scope, scale or sensitivity of our clients' work, we'll assess their risks, resolve their vulnerabilities and always keep them ahead of the threat, offering them the best possible products and solutions.
In this role, you will:
- Support of RHEL Linux, vSphere, EMC Unity, Data Domain, Avamar and DPS storage and backup deployments
- Storage administration in a VMware virtual environment; provision of storage pools, storage monitoring, capacity monitoring and uplift
- Senior level operations support and engineering services for enterprise-level data protection solutions
- Storage optimization by analysis of long term trends for Data Protection environments with de-duplication capabilities
- Monitors and manages backup solutions; esures backup integrity with regular testing
- Oversees operational readiness of all Backup servers and target storage devices
- Assists with operation to include: Virtual Machines (VM's), Databases, storage pools, client's data, user management, and OS management pertinent to Data Protection
- Ensures operational documentation meets completeness and quality thresholds.
- Leads on all data recovery activity from files to entire server storage pools
- Follows ITIL processes
- Administers virtualization (VMware) products and associated domain hardware in Red Hat server environments
- Plan, optimize, automate and execute routine administration and patching of Linux environments.
- Create and maintain as well as application installation automation using various scripting languages (PowerShell, VbScript, batch, Paython, Bash, Perl etc.)
- Provide direction and day-to-day support for the systems infrastructure VMware vSphere and RHEL in a large scale enterprise environment
- Ensure effective security, operation and peak performance of OS and virtualization management environments.
- Assist with providing administration, troubleshooting, configuration, installation, deployment, maintenance, upgrades, and high availability projects.
- Leverage virtualization and scripting technologies to automate/orchestrate overall system creation, management, and deployment across the infrastructure.
- Develop scripts & queries to validate functionality and security of all systems and performance metrics
- Analyzes metrics to identify optimization opportunities and utilization/capacity trends
- Assist with hardware maintenance and lifecycle planning.
- Trains and mentors less senior colleagues as required
To bring your dream to life, you'll need:
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in a similar role
- In a shift based role possessing expert level experience in one or more of the following Dell/EMC products and systems,Unity, Avamar, DPS, ML3 Tape
- Library, R640 servers and Data Domain
- Expert Level experience in, Vmware vCenter, Vmware Horizon/View/VDI, Vmware Suite
- Expert Level experience in automating, maintinging, upgrading and supporting Enterprise Linux / Open Source environments
- Using Open Source software and tools on a Linux environment; Automating the management of the estate with scripting and other automation tools for patch management, monitoring and support.
Working in Abu Dhabi
Just off the Arab Gulf and right at the edge of your imagination, is a place where geniuses make their cyber security dreams come true. At DarkMatter, we're turning our biggest ideas into reality in the fastest moving and most dynamic city on the planet. Working here, you'll lead technical innovation in the region while taking advantage of all Abu Dhabi has to offer. From first class healthcare and education, to superior living accommodations and cultural attractions, you'll find your ideal career and more in this global crossroads. The UAE is one of the safest and most secure areas in the world. And with its location between Europe, Africa and Asia, you'll expand your worldview in just a short flight. But you won't have to venture far from the city to experience its diversity. You'll find people of over 50 nationalities working in the DarkMatter Group. Join us and see that while far away from the concrete tech jungle, Abu Dhabi is an oasis where your latest innovations will thrive and grow.
About the Company
DarkMatter is transforming the cyber security landscape. Headquartered in the UAE and operating globally, we're the region's first and only fully integrated digital defence and cyber security consultancy and implementation firm. Our elite team of global experts deliver advanced, next-generation solutions to governments and enterprises across the cyber security spectrum.
We help clients simplify the enormous complexity of today's ever-evolving cyber threats. Our vision is to protect the future by securing its technologies. Innovation and Research are cornerstones to our development and the activities in these areas underpin our entire range of offerings, including Secure Communications, Public Key Infrastructure and Big Data & Analytics products.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
IT Server Infrastructure Lead Engineer
Stratus Recruitment International