Job description / Role
Our client is a superb organisation in the FMCG space and is now seeking a Systems Administrator. The SA will be responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure including security systems and SQL. You will participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure and ensure that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff, volunteers, and Partners.
You will be responsible for making sure that the company's infrastructure and associated systems run smoothly, perform within agreed targets, and provide a secure platform for the company's business operations and will be responsible for the day to day management of the businesses support teams, help the senior leadership team to recognise new services and build service catalogue for budgeting cycle. You will also assist project teams with technical issues in the Initiation and Planning phases of the standard Project Management Methodology. These activities include the definition of needs, benefits, and technical strategy; research & development within the project life-cycle; technical analysis and design; and support of operations staff in executing, testing and rolling-out the solutions. Participation on projects is focused on smoothing the transition of projects from development staff to production staff by performing operations activities within the project life-cycle
The SA is accountable for the following systems: All Hardware, SQL and Windows systems that support infrastructure; Windows and Application systems including Email – MS exchange / O365; Responsibilities on these systems include SA engineering and provisioning, operations and support, maintenance and research and development to ensure continual innovation.
The successful candidate will be required to maintain certification path as part of assigned KPI’s and a self-developing course in accordance with company needs and vision. During probation period candidate will be required to present at least one certificate in the area of assignment and maintain track throughout employment.
The candidate must possess string communication skills along with the following essential criteria:
• Microsoft Active Directory and integrated DNS service,
• advanced clustering on Hyper-V and guest clustering solutions,
• Exchange 2010, 2013,
• Windows Server platform from 2008R2 to 2012R2,
• Citrix Xen Desktop and XenApp solutions and maintenance and VSI,
• VMware ESXi,
• Advanced fail over and DR concept methodologies,
• IPSEC, SSL, VOIP (SIP) and SQL Server.
• SCCM and SCOM operational knowledge,
• MS SQL operational knowledge
• MCSA Cloud Platform and Infrastructure or MCSE Cloud Platform and Infrastructure
• MCSA Windows Server 2012, MCSE Server Infrastructure
• Extensive demonstrable System Administration experience
• Good understanding of Azure Services and SharePoint both On-Prem and Online
• MTA Database or MCSA SQL 2016 Data Management and Analytics is advantage
• Interpret and/or discuss information with others, which involves terminology or concepts not familiar to many people; regularly provide advice and recommend actions involving rather complex issues. May resolve problems within established practices.
• Experience of Systems Integrations Projects and working knowledge of ITIL Processes and
About the Company
With a genuine understanding of what our Clients and Candidates need to succeed, Green Gulf Careers believe that honest and open relationships at every level are paramount to both our success and yours. We have a hugely diverse talent pool and we take the utmost care in matching them to our equally diverse Client base in order to achieve success at every level.
Whilst partnering with organisations across the Gulf, whether it be a SME or a leading Multinational, our team has extensive industry experience and a strong understanding of both the economic trends and cultural business diversities in this region.
When engaging with us, you will deal with a dedicated Consultant who has a strong knowledge of your industry and sector and who will take time to get to know you and your Individual or Company needs. We pride ourselves on our discreet, transparent and service focused approach and to that end, we will form a relationship based on a mutual respect which really assists us understand your requirements. Our experience in industry adds particular value to the recruitment process and whilst we recruit at all levels and disciplines, we offer the same exceptional service levels should you be recruiting a junior member of staff or at Company Director level.