Job description / Role
The OT Systems Engineer is responsible for the OT systems applications and infrastructure. To troubleshoot problems as they arise, prioritize critical tasks, coordinate the improvement of the systems, together with managing the upgrades and updates to systems and servers. Further, to provide maintenance tasks to ensure OT systems do not affect airport operation negatively.
• Understand the current OT systems technology deployed
• Map and document the IT configuration and layout of the OT systems, including network and interfaces between systems
• Monitoring and managing all OT systems and infrastructure
• Oversee the management of the OT system administration, user access rights, configuring parameters, auditing and maintenance of systems and applications in alignment with the ADAC IT governance and best practices
• Supervise administration and management of the OT systems databases in alignment with ADAC IT governance and best practices
• Establish, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and systems management tools to acceptable levels
• Installing, testing and maintaining operating systems, application software and system software tools in alignment with appropriate change management and ADAC IT change management policies
• Evaluate the existing OT systems and provide a recommendation on the technical direction.
• Plan and implement systems automation as required for better efficiency
• Ensure IT security of all systems meets ADAC IT policies and procedures at a minimum
• Manage and oversee all OT systems backups and perform testing of same at least quarterly
• Provide monthly reports on the system's health of all OT systems highlighting any issues or problems experienced in the month or foreseeable in the coming month(s)
• Oversee the constant availability of OT systems to ensure no impact to airport operations
• Identify the Gaps and Recommend efficiencies through new or improved technology
• Recommend practices for continuous improvement of technologies delivered
• Study and examine existing facilities technology systems and business models and recommend/implement improvement.
• Recommend the introduction of improvements, innovative ideas, concepts or technologies
• Be well-informed of the IT networks, servers and related infrastructure for all OT systems
• Any other tasks as requested by the line manager
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent
• Min 7 years' experience in systems analysis and transformation, preferably in airport or large Facility Management environment
• Project management experience preferred Knowledge
• Airport systems/ large complex facility systems
• Building system technologies, e.g. BMS, IBMS, SCADA, FLS, etc.
• Software Development Lifecycle
• Software Requirements, Design, Documentation, Testing, Maintenance
• Systems Benchmarking
• Logical approach to problem solving
• Business Case development and documenting
• Change Management
• Strong presentation skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong planning skills
• Takes initiative and has self-confidence
• Client Management
• Able to manage expectations and explain technical detail
• Able to operate in fast paced 24/7/365 environment
• Able to work in a team or individually to achieve desired goal
About the Company
WFC Holding was born out of a market need for specialist shared services support functions in the UAE.
WFC Holding has rapidly expanded its service offering, capability, and client base to become an integrated business process outsourcing company.
Support and Systems Engineer
ARCCO (Al Raeel National General Contracting Co.)
IT Technical Support
Alnair Mineral Services
Operating System Administrator
Middle East Executive