Job description / Role
At AMS we are continuously looking for team players with can-do attitudes. Are you motivated by being part of a team that is helping with the regeneration of nations? We have the right opportunity for you!
The SYSTEMS PROGRAMMER will perform system development based on process evaluation results, formulated standards, conceptualized designs and with high conformance to customer requirements and exceeds customer expectations. This role will include full compliance to Systems Development processes and procedures.
The SYSTEMS PROGRAMMER will ensure product delivery based on required standard of quality and within the specified constraints of time, and in alignment with customer expectations and contracts alike. The Systems Programmer will work with the direct supervision of the assigned Project Team Leader for them to convey, strategically plan, monitor milestones and coordinate for the utilization of the different resources to achieve their defined goals.
Responsibilities will include but will not necessarily be limited to:
• Perform software development based on approved conceptual design
• Perform Alpha Testing of end-product before submission to Systems Quality Assurance for their own sets of testing
• Conduct scheduled systems maintenance and enhancements
• Designing and implementing the components required for complex application features
• Adhering to the directives provided by the assigned Project Team Leader
• Demonstrating creativity and autonomy
• Provide compliance in following full SDLC policy including resource planning, timeline and checkpoints to ensure timely and quality delivery of services to customers (internal and/or external).
• Keeping abreast with technological advancement, emerging standards and new software or hardware solutions that may affect development of applications/products developments or enhancements
• Researching and evaluating new technology tools for relevance and feasibility for adoption
• Providing maintenance, technical and operations support by investigating and rectifying reported system failures
• Understanding the interdependencies of the services (system, network and database) and can pin-point problem areas accurately to improve overall efficiency
• Consistently share information on best practices and technology trends and give recommendations on best practices for business operations
If you are our ideal candidate you may come with a proven track record of:
• A relevant tertiary qualification combined with equivalent training and 3+ years’ experience
• Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines without compromising close attention to detail and Proven knowledge of infrastructure, technology, and ERP systems
• Demonstrated ability to work and motivate in a system development team, and take ownership of multiple systems
Qualification and Specialist Skills:
• Microsoft Visual Studio 2015, 2017, 2019 focusing on: VB.Net, C#.Net, XAML, WPF
• Programming Add-ons including but not limited to: DotNetBar for WinForms, ComponentOne, Entity Framework Extensions
• MS-SQL and MySQL
• API Integration and communication
• Microsoft Team Foundation Server, SVN or GitHub
• Behavior Driven Testing (e.g. SpecFlow, Cucumber or alike)
• Mobile development using such as Eclipse, Android SDK Tools and alike
• Adobe Creative Suite / Cloud (i.e. Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects and Fireworks, etc.)
• MS Office Productivity (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Project, Visio, Power BI)
• Advance Installer Packaging Tool
• Other utilities such as Axialis Icon WorkShop, Navicat Pro, SmartDraw and alike
About the Company
AMS brings expertise, innovation and service excellence across a broad range of mission solutions providing resilient, long-term and cost-effective support to Government, Humanitarian and Commercial Organizations.
AMS works closely with clients, enabling them to meet evolving mission sustainment requirements, technical training solutions, supply chain and logistical needs; ensuring the highest standards of performance and mission readiness is achieved in rapidly changing and difficult environments.
Our current operations extend across the Middle East, Central Asia and Africa. With a workforce of more than 3,600 members, we currently operate across more than 60 countries. AMS's highly experienced team of professionals is dedicated to securing success for customers while upholding the highest standards of compliance, quality and integrity across all our operations.