Job description / Role
DarkMatter is developing a suite of communication applications covering encrypted voice, instant messaging, email and other in-transit data. Working in a fast paced environment, the candidate will be responsible for software design, implementation, testing, debugging, and deployment of security-focused products and services.
Our ideal candidate is bright, responsible, self-motivated, and confident, with a focus on execution and getting stuff done. We look for problem solvers who can anticipate problems, look beyond immediate issues, and take initiative to improve our software. We believe in short feedback loops, well-designed APIs, test driven development, automation wherever possible, to make sure we can minimize friction and focus on solving the big problems.
In this role, you will:
- Drive security technology and architecture efforts in engineering, working with engineering product owners in Secure Communications, Cryptography and functional leads and architects in Cyber Services
- Innovate and apply security-disruptive technologies to engineering products, with a goal to enhance security solutions offered by Dark Matter
- Architect modular security solutions with goal for re-use across product families
- Review security aspect of engineering design, enhance architecture and provide guidance to improve future solutions
- Interface with Product Management and Business development, drive initial architecture and prototype efforts on new products
- Maintain security architecture in engineering and associated security KPI's
- Mentor and grow engineering team in advanced security disciplines
- PhD or Master's degree qualified in either a Security, Computer Science or Information Technology
- 10+ years of experience in a Testing & Validation lab environment for various products
- Extensive research experience, with great people management skill
- Extensive experience with security solutions and architecture
Working in Abu Dhabi
At DarkMatter, we're turning our biggest ideas into reality in the fastest moving and most dynamic city on the planet. Working here, you'll lead technical innovation in the region while taking advantage of all Abu Dhabi has to offer. From first class healthcare and education, to superior living accommodations and cultural attractions, you'll find your ideal career and more in this global crossroads. The UAE is one of the safest and most secure areas in the world. And with its location between Europe, Africa and Asia, you'll expand your worldview in just a short flight. But you won't have to venture far from the city to experience its diversity. You'll find people of over 50 nationalities working in the DarkMatter Group. Join us and see that while far away from the concrete tech jungle, Abu Dhabi is an oasis where your latest innovations will thrive and grow.
About the Company
DarkMatter is transforming the cyber security landscape. Headquartered in the UAE and operating globally, we're the region's first and only fully integrated digital defence and cyber security consultancy and implementation firm. Our elite team of global experts deliver advanced, next-generation solutions to governments and enterprises across the cyber security spectrum.
We help clients simplify the enormous complexity of today's ever-evolving cyber threats. Our vision is to protect the future by securing its technologies. Innovation and Research are cornerstones to our development and the activities in these areas underpin our entire range of offerings, including Secure Communications, Public Key Infrastructure and Big Data & Analytics products.