Job description / Role
The purpose of this role is to provide expert remote & on-site technical support/ assistance to the GMME Field team as well as GMME dealers to resolve technical product concerns to achieve Customer Satisfaction. Drive product quality improvements by gathering & analyzing product concern data submitted by GM dealers and submit them to MEO Quality for required action.
The responsibilities for this position are broken down as follows: Local (applicable to the MEO only), Regional (applicable to GMIO) and Global (applicable across GM-defined regions)
• Provide expert Technical assistance to Field team & dealers on all escalated technical assistance requests by dealers
• Review all open Technical cases including follow-up with respective ATWM / dealers to ensure early closure on timely basis to ensure customer satisfaction
• Liaison with Platform Engineering for resolving technical issues & support in developing local fixes
• Drive MEO product Quality improvements through analysis of Product information reports (PIR) submitted by dealers & define root cause before escalation to Quality for improvements and support any engineering activities/Investigations for problem resolution
• Review Monthly TAC & Quality updates & publish to dealer including defining action required for addressing customer concerns
• Conduct & support any Engineering activities, case studies, Investigations and provide detailed report to Platform for problem resolution
• Assist Field Team in identifying warranty waste & reducing warranty costs by providing the most cost effective TAC case solutions and repair recommendations
• Proactively investigate emerging issues or repeat concerns
• Provide technical support on Spare Part related queries & claims to MEDC
• Provide technical support as required by other functions/ departments in validating regional requirements etc
• Support ATWM’s in understanding complex technical issues & also offer On the job training
Knowledge and Experience:
• Min 8-10 years professional experience in automotive technical service area or similar position with a minimum of 5 years of hands-on technical experience on GM vehicles
• In depth knowledge of automotive technology, engineering principles as well as expertise in vehicle servicing practices/methods & standards with hands on experience in a similar role
• Good insights to dealer operations, warranty policies & procedures and consultative experience on technical issues/cases
• College degree in engineering or equivalent – preference in automotive specialization.
• MBA is an added value
• Excellent trouble shooting abilities on technical issues
• Excellent computer skills in MS Office, particularly in MS Excel and PowerPoint
• Excellent written and oral skills in English and Arabic is an advantage
• Excellent analytical skills to be able to interpret data
• Good presentation skills
• Project management with an ability to review complex and diverse information &
• Functional/Technical Skills
• Dealing with ambiguity
• Problem Solving
• Written Communications
• Learning on the Fly
• Action Oriented
About the Company
General Motors Company (NYSE:GM, TSX: GMM), one of the worlds largest automakers, traces its roots back to 1908. GM and its strategic partners produce cars and trucks in 31 countries, and sell and service these vehicles through the following brands: Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC, Holden, Isuzu, Jiefang, Opel, Vauxhall and Wuling. GMs largest national market is China, followed by the United States, Brazil, the United Kingdom, Germany, Canada and Russia. GMs OnStar subsidiary is the industry leader in vehicle safety, security and information services.
With its global headquarters in Detroit, GM employs 209,000 people in every major region of the world and does business in more than 120 countries. GM is headquartered in four major locations: GM Europe; North America (GMNA); South America; and GM International Operations (GMIO) is located in Shanghai, China. GMIO covers Asia Pacific and Middle East.
GM Middle East started in 1920s and the brands that are sold in the region are Cadillac, Chevrolet and GMC supported by a unique set of customer-focused services. GM parts and accessories are sold under the GM Parts and ACDelco brands. The regional office in Dubai covers the companys operations in Bahrain, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UAE and Yemen in 20 dealerships.
GM has 2 facilities here in Middle East one is in Dubai World Trade Centre and the other, Middle East Distribution Corporation, which is located in Jebel Ali.