Job description / Role
In a never before seen experience, Dubai Parks and Resorts hosts MOTIONGATE Dubai - a destination that brings visitors in direct contact with their favorite characters and stories. We are inviting everyone to play a part and as a team member of MOTIONGATE Dubai, you'll enjoy all the fun that comes with an exciting career. You'll work with a cast of amazingly talented and inspiring people in a job that's so immersive it hardly feels like work. Come and work with an exciting team where we all play a vital part in the story - whether you choose a role serving the delicious food, to maintaining equipment, performing in costume or operating a ride. Whatever your chosen vocation you will help tell compelling, enduring stories and create memories for our guests that will last a lifetime.
Play Your Part
An existing career opportunity has now arisen under Motiongate Dubai, Entertainment Wardrobe & Costume Department as Tailor / Sewing Technician. In this role you are responsible to Repair and alter costumes and uniforms for daily maintenance, attend fittings and take notes for the alterations, production of costumes for entertainment venues, as well as special events and production of uniforms as per company's needs with the provided tools. You will work collaboratively regardless of job title or duties, to deliver world class entertainment to our daily guests. You are required to provide practical and organizational support to colleagues inclusive of, but not limited to directors, performers, designers, stage technicians and costuming.
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with the team leads and supervisors.
- Repair, maintain and alter costumes and wardrobe via combination of hand and machine stitching, as well as gluing and or use of hot plates for rhinestones.
- Other skills may be called upon depending on the complexity of the costume.
- Work on costume production for shows or special events with the Assistant Manager's guide and with a deadline.
- This may involve pattern making, machine stitching, hand stitching, gluing, painting, etc. as is necessary to create the costume.
- Understand safety requirements and ensure the daily emphasis on a safe workplace.
- Depending on workload or call ins, may be required to dress performers, wash laundry, or put away the uniforms that need to be slotted in conveyor. as per what is needed for the operations on a given day.
- Work on uniform production if needed with the tools that are provided by the company, under a deadline.
- Contribute to the efficient, effective, and smooth daily operations of the costume/wardrobe department.
- Contribute to a safe, fun work environment.
- Interface with all colleagues and outside vendors in a professional and courteous manner always.
- Reporting the weekly work in a log book to Team Leads/Supervisors
- Any other duties as may be reasonably requested by the Management Team.
Are You a Star?
- In order to be qualified for this role you should possess the below criteria:
- High School Diploma
- 5 years plus experience in costume production shop as a stitcher / Tailor for Theme Parks, University, Cruise Lines or Live Theater
- 2 years plus experience in wardrobe or costume / Uniform departments in Theme Parks, University, Cruise Lines or Live Theater
- Excellent Expertise in sewing/tailoring, cutting/fitting
- Experience on industrial straight stitch, zig zag, overlock, blind hem and buttonhole sewing machines
- Good Communication Skills
- Excellent pattern making skills
- Flexible working hours
- Physically fit - the role requires medium to heavy lifting & some step lather work
- University diploma from a Theater costume design program
- Creating difficult patterns free hand
- Able to create costume patterns from the design
The Best Part of The Story
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; housing allowance, annual flight allowance, comprehensive medical coverage, life and accident insurance and other generous allowances.
We also care about your career development supported by Learning opportunities for those seeking a long-term future in the Company.
About the Company
Dubai Parks and Resorts offers new heights in experiential entertainment through an inspired concept that brings the best of the east and the west in the entertainment industry. Conceived and developed by Meraas Holding, Dubai Parks and Resorts articulates the Dubai leadership’s vision of positioning the emirate as a compelling global tourist destination.
The first phase of Dubai Parks and Resorts will comprise three theme parks: motiongate™ Dubai, Bollywood Parks™ Dubai, and LEGOLAND® Dubai. The development will also feature Riverland - a grand entrance plaza and Lapita, a family themed hotel. The first phase is scheduled for completion in 2016. Ground work commenced on site in February 2014