Job description / Role
Your Role and Responsibilities
At IBM, we strive to lead in the invention, development and manufacture of the industry's most advanced information technologies, including computer systems, software, storage systems and microelectronics. We translate these advanced technologies into value for our customers through our professional solutions, services and consulting businesses worldwide. IBM's Recruitment Process Outsourcing (RPO) manages global staffing operations and large recruitment campaigns for Fortune 500 companies.
The Talent Acquisition Manager is responsible for the overall management of an assigned group/customer for a specific outsourcing engagement within Recruitment Process Outsourcing (RPO) group. This role drives strategic planning and leadership and has on-going interaction and communication with key customer stakeholders. The TA role also provides tactical leadership, management and mentorship for the client partnership and the entire staff across the program. This role works closely with the other management staff to ensure extreme service and customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for developing and implementing the implementation project work plan including pre-planning items including but not limited to: scope definition; overall strategy; resource plans; financial plans; risk plans; quality plans; timelines; communication plans; launch objectives; tasks lists; project phases; meeting rhythm (if working with new clients)
- Accountability for designing and/or delivering to customer SLA's, monthly and quarterly business metrics
- Consulting with clients in identifying system/process enhancements necessary to better align the solution with their business goals, including prioritizing those enhancements needed to meet project deadlines and budgets
- Reviewing risk and quality plans to ensure necessary mitigation and continuous improvement plans are identified and implemented
- Building deep relationships with our customers and continuing to integrate our services when their needs change and value can be added
- Accountable for the management of designated Program Staff and Program Leadership
- Accountable for building and maintaining a high performing, experienced team focused on customer's deliverables (low turnover)
- Responsible for mentoring, coaching and developing team, recognizing strengths and weaknesses, and developing our future leaders
- Ensuring the customer's solution and recruitment process as designed is executed consistently across multiple sites
- Developing and disseminating program status reports for internal and external stakeholders including Monthly Operations documentation for Executive team, weekly status reports, and post-mortem analyses. (Quarterly Business Reviews)
- Conduct daily, weekly huddles with Staff, cascading IBM and customer information as appropriate
- Develop and maintain relationships with any or all of the above: Human Resources Partners, Senior Human Resources personnel and Senior Operational Managers, Recruitment Services Technology liaisons, Recruitment Resource Center Management
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- Significant recruitment experience, with the majority gained in a service delivery, consulting or outsourcing environments
- Solid understanding of the RPO business model and drivers
- Experience in RPO or inhouse environment
- Experience managing recruitment teams in a matrix management environment
- Proven experience with MS office packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Change management
- Fluency in English
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
- Proven experience managing a P&L
- Proven experience in local market
About Business Unit
Your Life at IBM
Being You at IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Preferred Education: Bachelor's Degree Commissionable: No
Key Job Details
- Country: AE
- State: DUBAI
- City: DUBAI
- Category: Project Executive
- Required Education: Associate's Degree/College Diploma
- Position Type: Professional
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Contract Type: Regular
- Location: DUBAI, DUBAI AE
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.