Job description / Role
The function of the Talent Acquisition Officer is to facilitate effective staffing at RAK Academy by overseeing the recruitment and selection process to ensure attracting the best suitable applicants for identified vacancies.
• Manage the recruitment function based on HR strategies, plans and service level agreements.
• Compile recruitment strategy for new academic year (how to attract the right people, head hunting, etc.)
• Advise management on organizing, preparing, or implementing recruiting or retention programs.
• Maintain up-to-date and accurate recruitment plan in order to be able to prioritize staffing needs.
• Implement recruitment plan based on org structure changes and new vacancies
• Compile monthly recruitment reports as required
• Provide business with monthly and quarterly reporting of new hires and candidate pipeline
• Select qualified job applicants or refer them to managers, making hiring recommendations when appropriate.
• Review employment applications and job orders to match applicants with job requirements.
• Conduct exit interviews and ensure that necessary employment termination paperwork is completed.
• Provide management with information or training related to interviewing, performance appraisals, counseling techniques, or documentation of performance issues.
• Contact job applicants to inform them of the status of their applications.
• Interview job applicants to obtain information on work history, training, education, or job skills.
• Evaluate recruitment or selection criteria to ensure conformance to professional, statistical, or testing standards, recommending revisions, as needed.
• Review and evaluate applicant qualifications or eligibility for specified licensing, according to established guidelines and designated licensing codes.
• Schedule or conduct new employee orientations.
• Oversee all administrative arrangements relating to the recruitment and selection process that include but are not limited to the following:
- Prepare interview packs
- Arrange tests (such as pre-employment checks) and criminal checks
- Arrange psychometric assessments with candidates’ successful after the first round of interviews.
- Arrange psychometric feedback with recruiting Line Managers, as part of the recruitment process
- Provide suitable arrangements for applicants with special needs
- Send out rejection letters based on interview panel findings and line manager to give candidate proper feedback regarding growth opportunities and gaps
- Sift/Screen Shortlist applications according to job requirements
- Forward all shortlisted applications to Line Managers for further shortlisting
- Interview the selected candidates following the recruitment process to shortlist for interview
- Conduct reference or background checks on job applicants.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Management or any other related field
• HR Diploma/ Certificate is desirable
• Minimum 3 years of experience in the HR field.
• Proven strong recruitment experience in a big operation
• Knowledge of ERP systems related to HR operations
• Proven experience in the usage of computers and office software packages and advanced knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages
• Proficiency with MS Office applications
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Demonstrated strong commitment to confidentiality and professionalism.
• Ability to work independently and manage time effectively
• Demonstrated initiative and sound judgment
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize work schedules
• Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity
• Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
• Remains calm and in control even under pressure
About the Company
A government entity in the Emirate of Ras Al Khaimah.