Job description / Role
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
- Establish action plans and schedules for meeting departmental priorities.
- Assign responsibilities, allocate resources and co-ordinate the activities of yourself and others to meet objectives effectively and efficiently
Financial and Revenue Responsibilities
- Set high performance standards and pursue agreed goals (with your Manager)
- Strive for constant improvements and takes responsibility for achieving business results and persevere despite obstacles
- Report problems to Management with suggestions for resolution
Training and Human Resources
- To attend trainings and meetings as and when required.
- To undertake all the administrative requirements for the Human Resources Department.
- Follow appropriate filing and data retrieval systems in order to ensure ease of access to up to date information at all times
- To maintain and upkeep the confidential files of all Heartists.
- To prepare the monthly Human Resources report on a timely basis
- To organize the Monthly Heartist Cocktail Party, Sofitalk, Supervisor/Assistant Manager High Tea and Early Bird Breakfast.
- To assist with the co-ordination and implementation of all AHeartist Communications and committees.
- To have knowledge of the company policies & procedure and the UAE Labor law.
- To maintain Heartist Activities library, photos and photo albums.
- To maintain the Heartist Notice board and update regularly.
- To prepare and maintain monthly distribution of Birthday Cards to Department Heads.
- To sort out resumes/CV's to the right channels
- To arrange all interview appointments.
- Maintains effective communications at all levels of management, Heartists and candidates
- Liaison with recruitment agencies and hotel schools graduates
- Manage the on-line recruitment through the Hotel Web Site
- Correct and timely placement of internal and external advertisements
- Conduct exit interviews and provide feedback on reasons for turnover
- Adherence to pre, during and post employment checklists
- Ensure Employees and Manager awareness of HR Policies and procedures
- Ensure information relating to industrial instruments is readily available to all Employee and Managers
- Manage performance management system and cycle of recruitment, induction, training, development, and succession for Levels 6 - 4 and ensure process is adhered to for other positions
- Assist line managers in the recruitment, induction, training, development, and succession for Supervisory and Rank & File levels.
- Adhere to time frames established by Head Office
- Initiate programs which foster good work relations such as social club and consultative committees
- Maintenance of employee files
- Data Base Management
- Manage standardised responses to correspondence
- Assists in maintaining a comprehensive, current and guest focused set of departmental standards and procedures and oversees their implementation through ongoing training
- Prepares and administers detailed induction program for new staff
- Provides input for probation and formal performance appraisal discussions in line with company guidelines
- Regularly communicates with staff and maintains good relations
- To carry out any other reasonable duties as assigned by the Director of Human Resources or the Human Resources Manager
- Ensure wherever possible that employees are provided with a work place free of discrimination, harassment and victimisation.
- Treat complaints of harassment and discrimination promptly and confidentially.
- Treat customers and colleagues from all cultural groups with respect and sensitivity.
- Identify and deal with issues which may cause cross cultural conflict or misunderstanding.
Guest Service Responsibilities
- Demonstrate an interest in and an understanding of issues relevant to your department and hotel and keep your knowledge up to date, including legislative information
- Adheres to Sofitel/Accor Code of Conduct, Employee Handbook and Hotel policies
- Demonstrates an understanding of competitors' major strengths and weaknesses
- Establishes and interprets key performance indicators to manage the business, consistently takes into accounts financial implications of business decisions and recommendations
- Has a broad knowledge of how the business is run, focuses on the major factors necessary to ensure that the business is successful and profitable
- To report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform and name tag.
- To maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene and adhere to the hotel and department appearance standards.
- To provide friendly, courteous and professional service at all times.
- To maintain good working relationships with your colleagues and all other departments.
- To be aware of the hotel's Heartist Handbook and have an understanding of and adhere to the hotel's rules and regulations and in particular, the policies and procedures relating to Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
- To comply with UAE legislation as required.
- To respond to any changes in the department as dictated by the needs of the hotel.
- To be flexible and extend job duties to carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities within the job capability as assigned, including redeployment to alternative departments/areas if required, to meet business demands and guest service needs.
- To attend training and meetings as and when required.
- All Heartists are required to comply with every reasonable request from their hierarchical supervisor(s) within an amount of time that it takes to comply under normal circumstances.
- All Heartists may be assigned to other duties in the hotel as and when required by business levels.
Health and Safety
- Ensure that all potential and real Hazards are reported immediately and rectified
- Be fully conversant with all departmental Fire, Emergency and Bomb procedures
- Ensure that all emergency procedures are rehearsed, implemented and enforced to provide for the security and safety of guests and employees
- Ensure the safety of the persons and the property of all within the premises by fairly applying Hotel Regulations by strict adherence to existing laws, statutes etc.
- Ensure all staff within the department work in a manner which is safe and unlikely to give risk of harm or injury to selves or others
- Use safe manual handling techniques and practise safe work habits following Accor Health, Safety and Environment policies, maintain procedures to minimise our impact on the environment and prevent pollution.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.