Job description / Role
Reporting to the Cluster Director of Talent & Culture, the Talent & Culture Manager will be responsible to assist in the smooth and efficient running of the Human Resources Division. He/she will assist the Cluster Director of Talent & Culture with the implementation of T&C Policies and Procedures throughout the hotel.
Summary of Daily Tasks & Responsibilities
- Maintain effective colleague communication channels in the property (e.g., develop daily communications and assist with regular scheduled meetings).
- Review progressive discipline documentation for accuracy and consistency, and checks for supportive documentation and is accountable for determining appropriate action.
- Utilize an "open door" policy to acknowledge colleague problems or concerns in a timely manner
- Ensure colleague issues are referred to the Department Manager for resolution or escalated to the Cluster, Director of Talent & Culture.
- Provide an advice service to both managers and colleagues on T&C policy, legal requirements, staffing issues, and act as an arbitrator where necessary.
- Take active role in projects and teams throughout the Hotel and be prepared to take ownership where appropriate or act as an advisor on any T&C issues. (E.g. Colleagues Welfare, Cafeteria, Planet 21, etc.)
- Lead, plan and organize generic social and community activities.
- Responsible for the smooth operations staff cafeteria.
- Ensure that cafeteria, lockers and common areas are always cleaned and up to standard
- Liaise with Managers to establish their recruitment requirements and ensure recruitment is in line with budget and forecasted levels of business.
- Follow up with Managers during all stages of the recruitment process, keeping them informed of progress and ensuring that T&C is aware of all actions.
- Creating requisitions & posting positions online through the internal recruitment platform Ines
- Identify most effective and cost efficient method of recruitment for all positions - update and maintain the internal notice board with internal adverts, Vacancy listings, and update vacancies with the INES Platform.
- Assists in the interviewing and hiring of candidates with the appropriate skills, as needed.
- Oversees/monitors candidate identification and selection process.
- Performs reference check on candidate identification/selection.
- Preparation of colleague contracts.
- Ensure proper onboarding process is in place for new colleagues (T&C policies introduction, legal documents, locker allocation, job description, name badge, uniform, Timekeeping machine registration, hotel ID, bank application forms etc.)
- Ensure creation of email ID is done in timely manner.
- Ensure all new joiners' information is uploaded in Oasys and information is accurate.
- Keep accurate record of recruitment status and ensure regular communication with candidates while keeping informed the HOD
- Handles monthly payroll activities in coordination with departmental coordinators and Payroll Manager.
- Assist Cluster Director of Talent & Culture in the preparation and coordination of payroll budget and payroll forecasts on a monthly basis.
- Prepare and send on monthly basis the labor turnover report, leave balance report, accrual report any other reports required.
- Ensure all colleagues starting, status change and termination information is accurately completed, entered into the system and communicated to payroll department.
- Ensure all colleagues' files are kept up to date - and to ensure confidentiality of employee information is maintained at all time, in line with Data Protection legislation.
- Ensure that T&C records (Master Manning list, etc.) are updated on a daily basis.
- Any other tasks and responsibilities as assigned .
- Previous administration or Talent & Culture experience required
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications required
- University/College degree in a related discipline an asset
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Strong work ethics & confidentiality
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
HR Assistant Manager
Big Fish Recruitment
Robinson Faris Jones - Human Resources (RFJ-HR)
Head of HR
Middle East Executive
Cluster Recruitment Manager