Job description / Role
Ready for a career move and be part of an amazing team? We are looking for a new talent to play a vital role in our Talent & Culture Department working alongside a fantastic team. We are looking for a Manager Talent & Culture for Rixos Premium Saadiyat Island Hotel, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
About Rixos Premium Saadiyat Island
Rixos Premium Saadiyat Island is a unique resort; where exclusivity and luxury define every experience, every time. Our luxurious family getaway is located on the pristine beach of Saadiyat Island with its clear blue waters and fine white sands overlooking the Arabian Gulf. An Arabian paradise island offering wonderful nature and cultural highlights, including the newly opened Louvre. For those wishing to explore the rich culture and heritage of Abu Dhabi, downtown is only a short ride away. A palatial resort with a Mediterranean design, the resort connects the centuries-old traditional Arab culture with its oriental court gardens and extensive water features. As our guest, you will experience only the very finest, from our deluxe accommodation to exquisite gastronomic delights, from incredible entertainment to our blissful spa. Rixos Premium Saadiyat Island will undoubtedly captivate you.
What is in it for you:
- Exciting opportunity to join one of the largest Rixos properties in Doha
- Opportunity to join one of the fastest growing hotel companies in the world and the first luxury beach resort in Qatar that pioneers the all-inclusive lifestyle concept.
- Competitive remuneration package
What you will be doing:
- Reporting to the General Manager with a dotted line to the Director of Talent & Culture GCC, the role holder will contribute to the performance of their area by facilitating the hiring and retention of exceptional talent as well as driving HR processes, heartist engagement, learning and development, performance and talent management and compliance initiatives within their hotel(s).
- Provide Talent & Culture support and resources to the Hotel teams in line with the strategic priorities of GCC Talent & Culture. Being the strategic business partner to the Executive Committee and the voice of the heartists.
- This is a front line, Talent & Culture generalist role where the successful candidate will be required to navigate an international environment and provide perspective on what industry leading Human Resources delivery means.
- Deliver activities, processes and procedures which support the existing team and the future growth of the business.
- Build positive and effective working relationships with their hotels and heartist community in order to drive development, effectiveness, engagement and retention in line with the needs of the business.
- Roll out and execution of key Talent & Culture initiatives including but not limited to, organisational design, heartist development, performance management, employee relations, employee marketing, compensation resource planning and talent management.
- Foster a positive and structured work environment which encourages the successful operation of the business, calling upon the necessary processes to deal with disciplinary, grievance and workforce change situations.
- Work alongside with the function leaders to investigate, document and administer corrective action immediately and effectively to reach the mutual goals of the business and the heartist in keeping with the company policy and local labour law.
- Be the champion of the processes to ensure that the leaders understand their role in the process as well as the fair treatment of the heartists.
- Hire new heartists in conjunction with the Departmental Leader through INES
- Use the interview guides provided and Talent Meter to gain further information on any potential candidate
Employee Engagement and Communications
- Strive to increase heartist engagement by promoting a positive work environment where each heartist is informed and proactive about the overall business goals. Ensure the consistent delivery of business and heartist information with transparency so that each heartist understands how they contribute to the company's success.
- Talent & Culture Audit.
- Ensure the EES Champions for the hotel/departmental action plans in order to increase heartist engagement and improve EES scores year on year.
- Represent the organization as an exemplary ambassador the Accor All Inclusive - Heartist Service Culture
- Labour Turnover to be closely monitored and proactive actions taken with regards to trends and suggestions to Talent & Culture leader as well as Hotel Manager/General Manager.
Learning & Talent Development
- Ensure Departments have adequate Departmental trainers, and these are well utilised to the business's needs.
- Work with the Learning & Development leader on a 12-month training needs analysis that align with the hotel business plan.
- Ensure all mandatory training is compliant.
- Work with the Exec Com with regards to the needs of the business and suggest on and off job training interventions that will assist in strengthening the skills of the heartists.
- For all supervisory positions have a transparent development programme in place in conjunction with the Talent & Culture leader as well as Learning & Development.
- Development of direct reports to give them ongoing feedback and development.
- Ensure bi-annual Talent Review process is conducted and associated documentation maintained to the required standard.
- Facilitate the performance management cycle from probation reviews, annual performance reviews, development plans as well as on the job training.
- Development Plans for all High Potential heartists in conjunction with the Learning & Development leader.
Talent & Culture Metrics
Be the champion of the following metrics and hold the other leaders and General Manager to account, give advice and guidance on where improvements can be made:
- Labour Turnover, reflect and guide on high turnover departments with regards to how to reduce it and share findings with the Exec Com.
- Learning & Development Hours
- Mandatory Training - Heartist, Onboarding, Departmental Training etc 100% compliant
- Employee Engagement Score (EES) with action plans and follow up
- Payroll % of revenue
- Internal Promotions & Transfers process
- Talent & Culture Framework review
- Exciting and innovative ways of celebrating and communicating what is important to the heartists this could include:
- Town Hall Meetings
- Virtual Competitions
- CSR activities
- Communication through mixed media
- Organisational updated and PR on why work for AAI
Housing, Transportation & Activities
- To ensure that the heartists have a safe and secure place to eat, sleep and enjoy whilst not at work.
- Through the Housing team ensure that heartists enjoy their time when they aren't at work with varied activities and transport to places that are meaningful for them.
- Housing to be at the desired cleanliness and maintenance standards as well as following the desired sharing levels per grade as per the benefits grid.
- The activities and contribution of the role will impact the performance of the hotel.
- They will act on behalf of the business to work through complex situations and reduce risk, interpreting and implementing company policies and employment legislation as appropriate.
- They will be required to exercise sound judgment and integrity at all times to ensure confidentiality of protected information.
- Be fiscally competent in budgeting, forecasting including the commentary that goes with the documents/meetings.
- Demonstrate full awareness of hotel budget/P&L and work towards achieving it by minimizing expenses and maximizing revenue through suggestions on the payroll forecasts and hiring plans.
Alongside these key competencies, the incumbent of the role will be required to demonstrate the fundamentals of the company's Heartist service culture to be responsive, respectful and deliver a great experience.
- Positive Orientation
- Operational Decision Making
- Self-Development & Management
- Developing an Empowered Team
- Leading an Engaged and Diverse Team
Leading the Business
- Advocating Guest Passion
- Business Planning and Analysis
- Business Improvement and Change
- Educated to bachelor's degree level or beyond, most likely within a business or human resources management related discipline, or experience equivalent
- Prior experience as a Department Head in a large, fast paced organisation
- Fluency in verbal and written English is essential - an additional language e.g. Arabic would be an advantage
- Ideally CIPD qualified to level 7
- 5 years prior experience as a Manager Talent & Culture at a HOD level in a like property
- Must be a highly capable user of Microsoft office programmes including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Previous working experience in a truly global work environment is essential
- UAE experience is a must
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.