Job description / Role
Make a difference every day
The Job Opportunity
Serco is currently looking for a Talent Development Officer to join the team at dans. The Talent Development Officer supports the Talent Development manager in all career development plans, analyses and any initiatives that supports dans strategies.
- Coordinate cooperate dans workshops, training sessions or \ and awareness sessions logistically with concern all parties
- Support the Talent Development manager in coordinating with managers/leaders by proactively participating in on-site meetings; participate in inter-function workshops, working groups, or committees; collaborate on projects with other Human Capital staff or participate in ad hoc groups; and participate with team members to recommend initiatives or actions to management that support the development and implementation of Talent Development programme goals and objectives.
- Support the Talent Development Manager with managing the performance management process and analysis.
- Manage all internship requests received from universities and schools and organise the internal process.
- Facilitate employees' induction program.
- Use analytical skills in supporting Talent Management with finding techniques to research trends, marketing strategies, approaches and best practices in improving Talent Development programmes; and to analyse data, federal/mandatory requirements, financial reports, proven approaches, policy analysis, and institute methods to solve problems, coordinate with Departmental and other groups to assure a coordinated approach to completing assigned task.
- The Talent Development Officer supports the Talent Development Manager in developing, managing and analysis of the annual Talent Development programme, which supports achievement of individual and organisational development needs.
- Responsible for the on-line Learning Management System required to support all Talent Development and L&D initiatives across the organisation.
What we are looking for in our candidates
- Plan, organize, and direct work and negotiate effectively with management to accept and implement recommendations where the proposals involve substantial commitment of resources, or require extensive changes in established procedures
- Ability to analyse data and provide recommendations on findings-which are directly related to performance, capability and financial systems for Talent Development programmes.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Minimum 2 years in the learning and development field.
- Minimum a Bachelor's degree in a relevant field from an accredited university preferable.
- Further studies and / or qualifications relevant to training, learning and development.
- Possess extensive and substantive knowledge of Talent Development policies, programmes, requirements, and procedures and their interrelationships with other programmes.
- Experience of managing and directing programmes through peers, colleagues and external providers, and to provide management guidance and oversight to line and senior managers.
- Demonstrable experience of analysis and presenting the effectiveness of Talent Development initiatives or similar activities.
- Experience of change management particularly relating to organisational capability.
Working with Serco
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has important role to play.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Take pride in what you do
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative.
About the Company
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos.
Serco customers are looking for expertise in managing their people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise economic decision makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver quality services directly to the public.
Serco supplies to governments, government enterprise, agencies and companies who seek a trusted outsourcing partner with a solid track-record of service excellence. Serco people offer operational, logistical and technical expertise in the Transport, Justice and Immigration, Defence, Education and Healthcare industries as well as in the commercial sectors of Facilities Management.
Serco Middle East have been in the Region since 1947, starting out delivering Air Traffic Control Services in Bahrain; a service we are proudly still running today and have expanded to include many other Airports in the region.
We have expanded significantly since that time across the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Qatar. We have been supporting the RTA to operate the Dubai Metro since 2009, are preparing to launch the flagship Saudi Arabia Passenger Rail service from Riyadh to Qassim in 2016. We deliver Facility Management services to both Cleveland Clinic and Healthpoint Hospitals in Abu Dhabi, large-scale medical facilities in Saudi Arabia and a range of educational and commercial properties in the UAE. We also deliver postgraduate education to Officers in the Qatar Armed Forces through the Joaan Bin Jassim Joint Command and Staff College in Doha.
Focusing on our core values, and creating a positive environment for employees to thrive, we look forward to a bright future as we continue to grow with the region.