Alpha Group (Alpha Flight Services UAE)
Job description / Role
Responsible for ensuring the obligation to pay the right amount of taxes incompliance with FTA (UAE), by Verification of all purchase invoices, cash invoices, sales invoices, supplier tax credit notes and sales tax credit notes. Also, cross checking them against the accounting entries to ensure Tax recorded properly.
- Complete data collection and review of all business transactions from the tax perspective. Also, reconciliation of tax reports with source documents/ trial balance and posting necessary adjustments for compliances.
- Utilizes excellent time management skills to prepare & file VAT returns/refunds in a timely manner.
- Verifies account balances by performing reconciliations on tax general ledger accounts.
- Implementation of policies, internal controls, and processes to ensure compliance with UAE tax provisions. Also analyzing gaps in processes to improve tax refunds and avoid leakages in coordination with other departments/teams.
- Renewing & maintaining the Designated Zone certificate for Excise tax, while ensuring following of all procedures set out by FTA for Designated Zones.
- Conducting physical verifications and reconciliations of excise goods in the designated zone.
- Filling Excise tax return, refunds, other required forms adhering to tax laws.
- Regularly perform audits on the system to ensure data integrity; responsible for the resolution of discrepancies that might adversely impact on the company’s tax returns.
- Provides support for tax audits and answers to inquiries from Tax Consultant & FTA.
- Filling for any private clarifications and exceptions from FTA required for the company, based on the unique/ special situations.
- Compliance with ESR and filling of notification when necessary.
- Manage the relationship with internal & external stakeholders to ensure appropriate handling of all tax obligations, and the timely resolution of FTA notices.
- Proactive in collaborating with the tax consultant/Group Tax Team and effectively develop tax policies & processes to ensure conformity with corporate income tax.
AED 5,000 to 8,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
- Education & Experience: Tax, Finance degree with 3-5 years of UAE tax experience. However, CA/ACCA/CPA/CMA will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge: Strong working knowledge of accounting concepts; tax laws; and the ability to analyse and synthesize large amounts of data and related compliance/regulations.
- Computer skills: Proficient with Microsoft Office tools (particularly excel), prior experience in using multiple ERP & POS systems.
- Quantitative skills: Possess strong mathematical and quantitative skills to handle tax audits & reconciliations.
- Attention to detail: Must be meticulously detailed individuals to accurately filling the reports, preparation of documents/record keeping, and effective performance of other duties assigned.
- Organizational skills: Highly organized individuals with the ability to multi-task and prioritize projects to ensure completion within assigned deadlines.
- Excellent problem-solving skills & a team player, ability to work with diversified culture.
- Communication skills: Strong verbal and written communications skills necessary for explaining tax processes and making recommendations. Working knowledge of Arabic is a plus.
About the Company
Making Travel Special is about knowing what customers want. We recognise that by serving our customers, we're also serving their customers. That's why we talk about the promises our customers make. In this way, we delight our customers and their passengers, even as we continue to challenge ourselves to become the most admired provider in the world.
We treat customers like they are our guests. And because they expect food to be good and wholesome, we maintain the highest global quality assurance standards. What's more, our teams of experienced, dedicated professionals go the extra mile to provide innovative, efficient and reliable services for every single one of them.
Over the years, we've become a global player. In the coming decades, we'll continue to transform our industry by staying true to our core values.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
A Leading Packaging Services Company In The UAE