Job description / Role
Provide tax advisory on applicable tax regimes. Draft relevant policies and procedures to address tax requirements. Review & approve reporting on clients for tax purposes. Review products and transactions to identify what is in scope for tax purposes. Lead the tax compliance monitoring program and conduct compliance reviews, checks & assessments where needed
* Advise on the different tax regimes (EU tax, US FATCA, UK FATCA, Common Reporting Standard (CRS) and related legislations and regulatory requirements applicable to the business.
* Set up tax compliance monitoring program
* Provide training, coaching and hands on training on tax related matters and its impact on business
* Review policies & procedures from a tax compliance perspective to ensure adequate controls are in place to meet regulatory requirements .
* Establish and maintain strong professional relationships/connections internally and externally
* Excellent knowledge of EU Tax, US FATCA, UK FATCA, CRS
* Excellent knowledge of XML, and other clients reporting formats
* Good knowledge of banking services (retail, corporate, operations), brokerage services and investments.
* Excellent communication skills
* Excellent analytical skills.
* International banking experience would be an added advantage.
* Minimum of 10 yrs experience in the banking/financial services sector with at least 7 yrs in a tax related role.
* Tax Compliance
McGregor Boyall is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on any grounds.
About the Company
Established in 1987, McGregor Boyall is a global recruitment consultancy providing permanent and contract / interim professionals across a wide variety of disciplines including Technology, Risk, Finance, Compliance, Legal, Marketing and HR & Talent Management. Since our inception, we have built an unrivalled reputation for helping organisations recruit the very best talent to ensure that they realise their business and operational objectives.
Headquartered in the city of London, and with further offices throughout the UK (Manchester, Birmingham, Edinburgh and Glasgow) as well as globally in Dubai and Singapore, we are able to offer recruitment solutions throughout the UK & Europe, Middle East and Asia Pacific regions.