Job description / Role
As a Business Tax Compliance Senior, you'll make technical contributions to business tax compliance engagements and internal projects. You'll actively establish, maintain and strengthen internal and external relationships. You may participate in preparing or reviewing income tax returns for complex organizations in diverse and specialized industries; identifying tax savings and risk reducing opportunities for consideration and implementation; preparing or reviewing the statutory accounts for a domestic or foreign client; and preparing estimated tax liabilities to assist the client in meeting its tax payment obligations. Working with supervision, you'll contribute to presenting our work and its findings to the client. With a clear focus on anticipating and identifying risks, you'll escalate issues as appropriate. Working closely with colleagues, you'll determine whether the work is properly executed, documented and concluded in compliance with our Quality & Risk Management (Q&RM) guidelines. As an influential member of the team, you'll help to create a positive learning culture, coaching and counseling junior team members to help them develop.
- Participate in business tax compliance engagements
- Work effectively as a team member, sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication and updating senior team members on progress
- Assist in preparing reports and schedules that will be delivered to clients and other parties
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with client personnel
- Build strong internal relationships within the business tax compliance team and across other services
- Conduct performance reviews and contribute to performance feedback for staff
- Contribute to people initiatives, including recruiting and retaining business tax compliance professionals
- Maintain an educational program to develop personal skills on an ongoing basis
- Understand and follow workplace policies and procedures
Technical skills requirements
- Commercial, legislative and industry knowledge
- Ability to apply our global compliance process and tools
- Ability to apply Q&RM procedures
- Relevant public accounting or industry experience
- Professional accountancy qualification [describe specific requirements] or working towards gaining one
Who we are
Modern tax regulations are highly complex and dynamic. As one of our Business Tax Services professionals, you'll help clients meet the increasing and ever more complex demand for tax compliance, reporting and advisory services within organizations. Working as part of a diverse global team, you'll gain the technical knowledge you need to assist clients with demands across the tax life-cycle. You'll also gain valuable wide-ranging experience across industries. We'll help you develop the skills you need for a successful career and support and encourage you to become a recognized leader in the tax profession.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transactions and advisory services. Our 167,000 people are united by our shared values, which inspire our people worldwide and guide them to do the right thing, and our commitment to quality, which is embedded in who we are and everything we do.
EY is committed to doing its part in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.