Job description / Role
Line of Service
Data and Analytics Technologies
Job Description & Summary
A career within ME Tax and Legal Services (TLS) Digital core team will provide you with the opportunity to work directly with senior technology professionals within PwC, as well as with our clients, in order to help manage the tax digital disruption agenda. You will provide specialised assistance to troubleshoot and resolve issues surrounding the technical application aspects of our tax digital solutions.
The Digital core team is a centralised unit for all digital Tax and Legal related activities across the Middle East. The team have ambitious growth targets, and are constantly looking for new and innovative ways to leverage existing and emerging technologies across the practice to optimise delivery and client experience, as well as cementing the firm's reputation as market leaders within the Digital space. This is a great opportunity for anyone that wants to be a part and a key focal point of a team that is central to delivering the PwC Digital agenda.
You will be joining the core team to help drive our Data Analytics (DA) and Artificial Intelligence (AI) TLS initiatives. This is a great opportunity for an individual with Emerging Technology experience, who is looking to be part of a growing team. You will be a self starter and capable of working individually or in small groups both co-located and as part of a virtual regional and global team. In your role, you will be responsible for building, leading and managing the Data Analytics and AI capability and offerings for TLS as well as consulting with clients on the digital transformation impact to their business.
Required skills and experience:
- Demonstrable practical experience and technical understanding of DA, AI - Machine Learning, Neural Networks - and its applications within a professional environment.
- Be able to demonstrate a portfolio of projects in applying DA and AI to solve complex problems
- A strong commercial acumen in respect of delivering technology projects and meeting financial objectives
- An ability to critically analyse and help identify new opportunities in which to implement DA and AI-enabled practices that will solve problems, both for our clients and within our internal practices
- Be able to consult with clients on how technology can meet their needs and develop tailored propositions in accordance with their requirements
- Where appropriate, be able to identify and work with 3rd parties and external software providers to develop and define tailored propositions for tax
- Experience in developing market facing propositions and can take a proactive role in R&D and business development activities, being able to develop go-to-market strategies around our DA and AI propositions
- Ability to work autonomously and take responsibility for driving projects forward, to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients
- For TLS and for clients, train and upskill individuals to a high level of technical understanding, as well as develop and manage broader training programs
- Effectively integrate Data Analytics and AI activities into the Digital transformation journey of the TLS practice
- A prior understanding of the ME Tax landscape is preferable but not essential.
- Overall 12+ years of experience working with technology, with a minimum of two years in emerging technologies and dealing/consulting with external parties
Additional expectations of a Senior Manager role will also include:
- Proactively assist in developing a portfolio of clients, and supporting and managing them with Directors and Partners
- To be involved in the financial management of projects delivered for clients
- Be able to train, coach, and supervise team members
- To continue to develop internal relationships and developing your PwC brand
- Ability to work on multiple activities at the same time
- Ability to succeed in a dynamic matrix organization
- Manage and deliver large projects by developing the project team, assessing engagement risks throughout, driving conclusions, and reviewing / challenging the output produced by the team
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.