Job description / Role
Line of Service
General Tax Consulting
Job Description & Summary
A career in our Indirect Tax practice, within Tax services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients meet and manage their tax obligations across unique but ever changing tax specialties. You'll advise clients on their local and overseas tax affairs, while acting as a strategic consultant related to business analysis, managing indirect taxes, dispute resolution, and global enterprise tax solutions.
Our team helps our clients optimise cash flow and reduce risk by managing challenges related to indirect taxes. You'll support our clients with all aspects of indirect taxation related to global, regional and domestic projects as well as comprehensive restructuring and reporting value added tax projects.
Financial Accounting & Reporting
- Maintain books of accounts and to ensure that the monthly accounts are closed and submitted on a timely basis.
- Keeps continuous track on various key expenditure accounts for descriptive details and analysis.
- Develops ad-hoc reports as required by the Management or Departments on the various items of revenue/expenditure/capex etc.
- Inquire of Finance Shared Services (FSS) on specific transactions of the company under the purview of FSS. Reviewing (from the Finance function's perspective) various schedules and reconciliation prepared by FSS for appropriateness and identifying any potential adjustments therein;
- Manually coordinating approvals from respective departments for various dr. notes / recharges / transfers and account identification thereon before sending these for processing by FSS
- Raising requests with FSS on other ad hoc payments and advances after obtaining due approvals in line with delegation of authority;
- Reviews and endorses government relation/petty cash claim for cost center and account identification purposes;
- Maintain books of accounts for joint ventures and associates and to ensure that the periodic accounts are closed and submitted on a timely basis.
- Develops GL schedules on periodical basis.
- Reviews the month end closing reports of Finance Shared Services of the company and prepares the monthly management reports for reporting to Group management reporting for controller review.
- Analyses the financials and operations of the company and presents the data and concern areas, in graphics and tabulated form.
- Reviews the clarifications, if any, received from Group departments, and makes adjustments/rectifications, for controller review.
Finance Shared Services Related Activities
- Reviewing the capital work in progress schedule prepared by GFS and following up with respective departments seeking their approval for ER closure and capitalization;
- Reviews advance payments against corporate credit cards thereby ensuring completeness of claims entered against amounts settled in advance (monthly auto-settlements) on a timely manner;
- Following up on with respect coordinator across various departments for advance payments to suppliers against approved PO and other business advances to employees and clearing of the same in a timely manner;
- Reviews other rechargeable account schedule for outstanding items / in particular unspecified segment for expensing / recharging to Group companies;
- Undertake country specific tax studies assisting Controller and Head in presenting effects direct and indirect taxes on Group's operations.
- Assist in compliance with UAE / Corporate Tax operations and undertake diligence in structuring and registering Group companies for VAT purposes;
- Review various tax reconciliation and FTA audit file and prepare and submit periodic VAT return in accordance UAE VAT law and ensure that VAT dues are properly recovered from or payments made to VAT authority;
- Advise and closely interact with respective accounting and finance teams in communicating with tax authorities on tax incentive schemes and specific tax compliance issues;
- Facilitate periodic VAT audits by VAT authority thereby ensuring effective and efficient resolution of all VAT audit issues raised.
- Interacts with government, internal and external auditors to resolve the queries raised by such auditors on various financial aspects of the company.
Compliance and control
- Highlight instances of non-conformities to control framework and potential control issues on day to day transactions for resolution
Insurance & Claims administration
- Analyse data from systems for the computation of all annual policy renewal values and periodic declarations as applicable.
- Analyse and develop information required to be submitted to external agencies/ regulatory authorities in line with audited financial statements and other reliable resources.
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.