Job description / Role
Line of Service
International Tax Services
Job Description & Summary
A career within International Tax Services will provide you with the opportunity to help PwC address their cross border tax needs both locally and globally by managing their global tax rates, finding areas of cost reduction, and responding to inquiries from regulatory authorities. You'll gain a global perspective and an awareness of tax issues stemming from changes to evolving business structures and geographic expansions. At PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for.
Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We're a network of firms in 157 countries with more than 208,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
Established in the region for 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,000 people across 12 countries:
Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Palestine, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market and beyond.
We now have the region's fastest-growing tax practice, with almost 800 staff. We have tax specialists in each of the 12 Middle East countries where PwC is located, and operate regionally, bringing the best local, commercial and specialist knowledge to our clients.
Our International Tax Services Generalist - Practice Support team advises PwC on tax laws and reporting, legislation and planning strategies based on the geography and jurisdiction. You'll be assisting our team with local tax laws, reporting requirements, statutory filings, corporate strategy, transfer pricing and indirect tax and other international taxation needs.
You will be involved in inbound tax matters as well as M&A transactions and company formations. A detailed description of the type of work is as follows:
You'll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Tax structuring advice - helping clients operate their business in a tax efficient manner, tax efficient acquisitions and disposals for clients buying/selling businesses, debt and finance raising and vendor assistance
- Tax Due Diligence reviews - looking at existing and potential tax issues and tax risks for clients wishing to sell/acquire businesses, as well as overseas PwC tax teams
- Tax Modelling - working on tax inputs and assumptions to help our clients make informed investment decisions
- Proactively assist in the management of several clients, while reporting to Managers and above
- Establish effective working relationships directly with clients
- Contribute to the development of your own technical acumen
- Keep up to date with local and national business and economic issues
- Continue to develop internal relationships and your PwC brand
- Thorough knowledge of M&A practices, including, consulting multinational corporations, privately held companies and partnerships with respect to the tax aspects of planning, structuring and executing transactions of all sizes; analyzing proposed transactions for unusual tax risks or undetermined tax benefits; and advising clients on tax-efficient restructurings, divestitures, spin-offs, due diligence and strategy formulation.
- At least three years of relevant work experience required
- Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts degree in Accounting required. Master of Science in Taxation, or Master of Law degree in Taxation preferred.
- Experience in identifying and addressing client needs
- Building, maintaining, and utilizing networks of client relationships
- Good business writing and Excel skills
- Strong analytical skills and commercial awareness
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.