Job description / Role
Our team helps our clients with automating their VAT compliance processes, and filing VAT obligations within committed timelines. You'll support our clients with all aspects of indirect taxation related to global, regional and domestic projects.
We are looking for an ITX Senior Manager with strong VAT compliance, business, technical, analytical and commercial skills to drive our ITX Compliance team in the UAE and also manage VAT compliance for clients across the ME region, based from our Dubai office.
- In your role, you will work closely with the ME Compliance teams to support clients throughout the compliance process and answer day to day queries.
- You will be a self starter and capable of working both co-located and as part of a global team.
- You will have both a client facing and an internal role, must present well and be capable of clear and concise communication, including explaining VAT laws, regulations and concepts to clients (as well as to your colleagues) who may not understand all the work being undertaken.
- You will build relationships with client VAT staff and support the local PwC relationship manager with overall tax compliance.
- You will become the first point of contact for both internal and external clients wanting assistance with their ITX compliance operations regionally.
- Leading and continue developing the UAE VAT Compliance Team (VCT) and helping with the automation of VAT compliance processes for clients.
- Robust experience in Indirect Tax Compliance practice
- Able to communicate tax, data and technology concepts to non-specialists
- Advocate the use of technology and how it is relevant in compliance phase
- Primary responsibility to oversee end to end VAT compliance requirements for clients across the Middle East region
- Experience with data analytics and using automated and visualisation reporting tools (such as Alteryx ,Power BI, Tableau, and Qlikview) would be a plus
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.