Job description / Role
Line of Service
IFS - Risk & Quality (R&Q)
Job Description & Summary
A career in Risk Management, within Internal Firm services, will provide you with the opportunity to advance and foster integrity-based decision making and conduct by PwC professionals throughout our organisation. You'll focus on promoting and monitoring compliance with applicable external laws and regulations as well as internal policies and procedures to help manage PwC's regulatory, litigation, and reputational risk.
Our Risk and Quality team identifies and assists internal teams to mitigate and control client engagement risks. As part of the team, you'll provide advice to business teams within the firm on sound contract provisions, standards and approaches in accordance with firm policies, principles and standards.
- The role is to join the Tax Risk and Quality team as a Senior Associate to deliver effective and comprehensive risk management support across the Middle East region. It is a high profile role that requires strong interpersonal skills and an ability to deal with senior and junior staff.
- The successful candidate is likely to have experience with a professional service firm and be able to support the team on a full time basis. Strong interpersonal skills, an ability to manage multiple demands as well as staying calm and positive under pressure.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Advising on the proper completion of TLS questionnaire (client and engagement acceptance) covering: relationship checking, AFS, AML, scoping of work and drafting of engagement letters.
- Able to develop deep understanding and knowledge of the firm's risk management process whilst providing solutions and bringing innovate ideas on enhancing the process
- Assisting with implementing training and communication plans.
- Managing and participating in the annual Engagement Compliance Review (ECR) on all partners and directors in the Middle East Tax practice.
- Assisting in the Quality Assurance Review conducted by project managing the activities and ensuring the smooth running of the programme.
- Planning the annual Quality Review programme for the selected territories by working with the selected offices and identifying resources to participate in the review. Assisting selected office in preparation for the Quality Review
- Assisting the TLS practice with risk management issues.
- Esacalting contracting requests to OGC / Contract Review team or other members of TLS R&Q team
- Providing regular feedback on the key risks within the region and providing thoughts on certain risk management issues when experienced by engagement teams.
- Assisting engagement teams and panels in arranging panels and sourcing appropriate panel chairs.
- Attending panels led by TLS, and writing up detailed panel notes of the call.
- Advising on Salesforce queries relating to client and engagement onboarding and the policy of KYC.
- Responding to mark-ups to our documentation from clients and their lawyers, drafting alternative clauses where necessary
- Where necessary, supporting client facing teams on conference calls with clients, third parties and their respective legal advisers in order to resolve issues relating to our contracting documentation.
- Previous risk management, compliance or regulatory experience, or experience in a client facing role is desirable.
- Knowledge of Tax applied in risk management context is desirable
- Some knowledge and experience of the firm's systems is desirable but not essential.
- Previous experience in Professional Services or a regulated environment would be an advantage
- Qualified to degree level.
- Clear understanding of commercial / client-facing issues.
- Ability to communicate clearly and with self-confidence with all levels of staff.
- Strongly organisational and project management skills
- A conscientious, ambitious team player, with good self-management skills and an ability to take initiative.
- Good understanding of PwC risk management policies and procedures
- Good understanding of the Tax services provided by the firm.
- Ability to deal with issues promptly.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- A professional or academic qualification (degree level or equivalent), or extensive relevant and practical experience.
- Fluency in English required, proficiency in Arabic is advantageous
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we’ve set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We’re a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We’re striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we’re proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone’s uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you’re looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you’re a future PwCer.