Job description / Role
Our client is a leading multinational freight forwarding company who have operations all across the globe. You will be responsible for:
• Prepare and/or review quarterly /annual worldwide income tax provision and footnotes in accordance to IAS 12 principles
• Regular advice on matters relating to the area of Domestic taxation and International taxation
• Implement and Manage Transfer Pricing agreements, compliances and tax positions
• Oversee and/or review local and foreign country tax filings
• Advise the management on revenue implications & savings arising out of specific provisions of laws / rules.
• Corporate tax planning and advice management for any possible structuring, which is tax efficient.
• Ensure statutory compliance of laws & procedures through regular review at unit / regional levels and feedback.
• Impart training to related staff in tax related areas requiring day to day compliance through in-house workshops.
• Prepare and/or review foreign tax provisions and coordinate with foreign controllers
• Monitoring of assessment to Sales tax / VAT / Service tax / Withholding taxes
• Drafting / Submission / Representation before various Government authorities / forums
• Appearance before the senior government officials / for representing the Company in matters of assessments & appeals
• Preparation and review of computation of Income tax for various companies
• Bachelor's Degree in Accountancy, with CPA qualification
• Min 6 years’ tax experience in public accounting firm (Big 4 preferred) and/ or MNC handling corporate tax and GST/VAT
• Technically strong with solid knowledge of International taxation laws and regulations.
• Experience in ME, India, Africa, Turkey
• Excellent oral, written communication and interpersonal skills (English)
• Strong initiative, motivated to learn
• Ability to manage multiple tasks in a time sensitive environment
About the Company
Search Heads Middle East brings together almost 2 decades of specialist recruitment within the Middle East. Having built successful partnerships with some of the worlds most recognised organisations we offer tailor made, honest consulting.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Senior Manager - VAT