Job description / Role
Tax & Legal Services - Tax - Digital Services - Tax Technology Senior Associate - Dubai
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
The Digital Strategy and Operations team is a multidisciplinary regional team that supports both public and private sector clients, helping them to navigate the large tax and digital transformation that is taking place in the Middle East. The team has a particular focus on tax transformation projects that impact tax strategy, processes, policies and technologies. We support our clients by enabling their tax function to operate efficiently and effectively.
A career within Digital Strategy and Operations, will provide you with the opportunity to work at the heart of the large scale tax transformation that the region is going through. You will have exposure to a variety of different projects and clients. The ideal candidate is passionate about technology and understands how technology can be applied to tax problems.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas
- Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities, coaching them to deliver results
- Demonstrate critical thinking and the ability to bring order to unstructured problems
- Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current industry or sector trends
- Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance
- Know how and when to use tools available for a given situation and can explain the reasons for this choice
- Seek and embrace opportunities which give exposure to different situations, environments and perspectives
- Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing and connecting with others
- Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality relationships.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
The ideal candidate has:
- A good understanding of different technologies applied in the tax environment.
- A good understanding of how tax is set up in ERP and other systems
- Experience with data analytics for tax
- Experience with automation solutions like workflow automation and RPA
- Experience with dashboards and data visualization
- The ability to articulate how to solve a tax business problem by using the best fit technology by taking into account all circumstances
- The ability to demonstrate a good understanding of general business processes and the impact of tax and technology on this
- A good understanding of the core elements of a tax department and the implications of technology for tax
- Preferably had exposure to different taxes
- A mindset to search for solutions
- A Masters degree in IT, Economics or similar.
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we’ve set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We’re a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We’re striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we’re proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone’s uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you’re looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you’re a future PwCer.