Job description / Role
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
A career in our Regional Transfer Pricing practice, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients throughout the Middle East develop compliant, tax efficient structures that help advance their business goals. You'll focus on all aspects of documentation planning, dispute resolution, and advance pricing agreements.
Inter-company transactions across borders are growing rapidly and are becoming much more complex. Compliance with the differing requirements of multiple overlapping tax jurisdictions is a complicated and time-consuming task. As member of the Transfer Pricing Team, you will work on all aspects of intercompany pricing arrangements between related business entities, including transfers of intellectual property; transfers of tangible goods; services and loans and other financing transactions.
Thorough knowledge of developing global tax minimization strategies; maintaining close cooperation between subject matter experts in economic analysis, tax law, and accounting; inter-company pricing arrangements between related business entities including transfers of intellectual property, transfers of tangible goods, services & loans and other financing transactions.
Considerable knowledge in identifying and assessing clients cross-border inter-company transactions; developing local country transfer pricing documentation, strategizing on local-country revenue authority transfer pricing audits, performing global planning for continuous optimization of clients existing and new US-to-foreign and foreign-to-foreign inter-company transactions as well as special projects related to clients restructuring and acquisitions.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Foreign rules, inter-company pricing arrangements, international taxation, and cross-border inter-company transactions; developing local country transfer pricing documentation; global planning for continuous optimization of clients existing and foreign-to-foreign inter-company transactions, as well as special projects related to clients restructuring, acquisitions and divestitures, statistical tools and modeling methodologies.
- Considerable experience identifying and addressing client needs: building, maintaining, and utilizing networks of client relationships and community involvement; communicating value propositions; managing resource requirements, project workflow, budgets, billing and collections; and preparing and/or coordinating complex written and verbal materials.
- Work primarily on private equity and Middle Eastern sovereign wealth funds (SWFs), as well as working on supply chain planning (VCT) projects within the O&G industry for Middle Eastern based O&G companies operating outbound into Asia, EMEIA, and the Americas.
- Assist and advise clients on the Transfer Pricing in the UAE and wider Middle East region. Prepare Transfer Pricing training presentations aimed at external and internal audiences
- You should also have an awareness of PwC services and experience in working as part of a team, understanding personal and team roles and building solid relationships with team members.
- Ability to develop and maintain existing internal and client relationships and help build new relationships
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant subject i.e. Finance, Economics, LLB etc.
- A minimum of 5+ years of relevant experience in Transfer Pricing within a developed market
- Deep knowledge of financial transactions within Transfer Pricing
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Dealing with and managing client relationships
- Seeking diverse views to encourage improvement and innovation
- Maintaining existing client relationships as well as developing new business
- TP experience in the Oil & Gas, Sovereign Wealth Fund and Financial services space is highly desirable.
- Post-graduate degree or relevant professional qualification
- Fluency in Arabic is desired
- Exposure to/ experience working in the Middle East
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.