Job description / Role
• Plan, prepare and deliver instructional activities that facilitate active learning experiences in accordance with Babilou/ Blossom Curriculum (British Foundation framework), In the moment planning, child led approach.
• Implement lesson plans in accordance with curriculum objectives, developmentally appropriate practice, classroom schedule and Babilou / Blossom philosophy. In the moment planning /approach.
• Prepare the classroom for class activities in accordance to Babilou / Blossom goals and philosophy.
• Provide a variety of learning materials and resources for use in educational activities.
• Identify and select different instructional resources and methods to meet students' varying needs.
• Instruct and monitor students in the use of learning materials and equipment.
• Observe and evaluate student's performance and development, creating individual and personalized reports.
• Maintain daily open communication with parents and through parent-teacher conferences.
• Manage student behavior in the classroom by using the Babilou / Blossom Golden Rules and establishing and enforcing age-appropriate rules and procedures.
• Use appropriate disciplinary action in line with Babilou / Blossom Handbook.
• Maintain a clean, safe and healthy environment.
• Keep accident records, inform the nurse when a medical assistant is needed.
• Participate in school training, meetings and events.
• Provide appropriate feedback on work.
• Communicate necessary information regularly to administration, colleagues and parents regarding student progress and student needs.
• Maintain confidentiality.
• Keep up to date with developments in teaching resources and methods and make relevant changes to instructional plans and activities.
• Inspect and maintain record of damage or lost materials, maintain classroom inventory updated with a full sign off of inventory in August, December and June each year.
• Keep all appropriate records such as attendance, time sheets, classroom folders.
• Maintain child centered bulletin boards and displays in classrooms updated and change at least once per term and are centered on the classroom experiences.
• Use LittleLives or other platform approved by the company for tracking and communication.
• Native or Fluent English
• Minimum experience of 3 years as an Early Years Practitioner
• Degree or Diploma Education related - Bachelor’s degree in Education or Cache level 3/ NVQ Level 3 (UK)
• Attested Qualifications is a must
• Knowledge and understanding of Early Childhood Development & EYFS
• Excellent English communication skills at all levels
• Willingness to foster productive links with children as well as parents
• Ability to work independently
• Female only (as per Ministry requirements)
• A sunny disposition (happy, smiling people!)
• Ability to plan a varied class day
• Team player
About the Company
The Blossom Nursery is one of the leading Early Years education providers in the UAE, with 23 current locations and expanding further.