Job description / Role
Full-time Governess for 8 year old girl - year 4
Basic Salary: Generous tax free of AED 10,000 monthly
Yearly Airfare: Economy class to home country
Accommodation: Private studio apartment provided in Dubai
Medical Insurance: Provided
In full compliance with UAE Labour Laws
The purpose of hiring a Governess is to provide flexibility to the family and allowing the child to travel often with parents (quite often with the Governess) as well as providing a more holistic approach to education.
Caring and loving family who loves to travel around the world. They have a hectic schedule as the Employer (Mrs.) runs a school outside UAE for charity and you might be required to help and train staff occasionally (within working week). The child has an older brother who recently graduated from University.
They have 3 household workers and a driver who can assist you when needed as part of an overall team of care. The driver can take you and the child during outdoor activities.
The child is a lovely, super friendly, intelligent and curious 8 year old girl.
- Bachelor’s degree with Qualified Teacher Status/ (Masters Degree opt)
- Accredited qualifications for working with young children
- Masters Degree
- Minimum of 2 years teaching experience from a good reputable school
- Experience in teaching year 4 and 5 preferably from International School
- Any extra-curricular skills/experience (horse riding/swimming/ski-ing/tennis/ other sports/ baking/languages) etc.
- Ability to make education fun and exciting (even in 1 to 1 settings)
- Ability to plan social networking/play dates (identify groups to join etc)
- 8 weeks per year plus public holidays
- 4 weeks – Employee can choose
- 4 weeks – Employer to agree
Hours of work:
40 hours a week, timings to be discussed. (Travel and special events may require extended hours and are included within the salary and benefits.)
Classroom Set Up
The family designed a private classroom inside their Villa, with full resources typically available in school.
Taken by private instructors (you will be asked to join her and remain present during these times)
- Ski Class
- Horseback Riding
- Swimming and Diving Session
- Fun and friendly
- Nurturing and loving disposition
- Easy going and Positive attitudes to new situations, travel and flexible at short notices.
- Welcomes feedback and accepts appropriate direction and instructions
- Culturally aware and tolerant
- Patient and sensitive
- Flexible in planning and timings (willing to work according to Employer’s schedule and demands)
- Reliable, honest, and trustworthy
The family loves to travel and you are required to join them in which all expenses will be paid by them such as air ticket, accommodation (sharing with family) and food.
When travelling 3 hours to be spent studying indoor and 5 hours for outdoor activities likes visiting museums, historical places, field studies. All expenses will be borne by the Employer. You will be compensated when working during your day off e.g. you might get extra time off or shorten working hours when back to country of residence.
The family is very flexible and cool but please note that the perk of travelling is part of the job description and not your holiday season. Employer’s convenience must be the priority at all time.
The Employer (Mrs.) is active in running her school for charity and you might be asked to help and train staff in Islamabad. When in Islamabad, the school might ask your help for at least 6 hours to assist them. They might need you to issue them a training certificate for IWI.
Monthly progress report to be submitted
About the Company
SRH Inc is an investment company which aims to create a positive impact through nurturing entrepreneurial ventures via pairing growth focused capital with transformative ideas.
Belief Massive untapped growth opportunities exist in emerging economies that can be capitalized via investing expansion capital in unconventional sectors.
Capability Proven experience of establishing and managing unicorn enterprises across Middle East and South Asia.
Strong Foothold Rich history of working in MENASA has enabled us to establish a strong presence in the region and formulate close linkages with key investors, regulators and businesses.