Job description / Role
About the Role
Teaching and Learning Coach - September 2023
As a member of the executive leadership team, your primary focus will be raising standard of teaching and learning across the school through collaboration and teamwork, you would promote and model the school Code of Conduct & Core Values to promote a culture of lifelong learning and the delivery of an excellent learning programme. In this role, your responsibilities would include but will not be limited to:
- Lead on the development and quality assurance process of teaching, learning and assessments focusing on pedagogy, standards and progress.
- Ensure quality of teaching and learning by conducting continuous, supportive lesson observations and providing constructive feedback as required.
- Use coaching methods to develop reflective practice in others and encouraging the use of new learning strategies.
- Identify CPD needs and organise/facilitate/deliver CPD on teaching & learning practices, assessments etc.
- To work closely with the SLT and provide regular role-related updates and reports on progressing against agreed targets and actions.
- To support Teachers in the development and sharing of outstanding pedagogical practice (including, but not limited to learning delivery, assessment, planning, curriculum, feedback etc).
- Liaising with the respective Heads of Section to ensure that teaching, learning and assessment performance is an important component of the appraisal of all teachers and that observation outcomes inform appraisal action plans.
- To implement internal audit and QA processes in those areas identified in the school SDP. This will include carrying out documentation audits, management of the process, feedback on outcomes to relevant SLT.
- Organisation of visit schedules related to T&L, such as Cluster SVP, Ministry of Education, Inspections and reviews.
- To ensure that all aspects of teaching and learning as identified in the Ministry Inspection Framework are continuously developed.
- Lead on teacher Confirmation process as appropriate
- Lead on the self-evaluation and school improvement process for the school related to Teaching and Learning.
To be considered for this post you must hold a full time, regular master's degree and a B.Ed./ PGCE / PGDE or equivalent and have experience in a similar role.
About Your Benefits
All positions attract an excellent remuneration package
About the Company
GEMS Education is a pioneering education company with an international network of award winning K-12 schools. Over the past 55 years GEMS has grown from one school to being a truly global company with one incredible mission â€“ to make quality education available to every student. Over 20,000 education professionals unlock the potential of over 250,000 students across 14 countries each and every day, preparing children of all ages for real world success.