Job description / Role
Reports to Associate Dean/Dean. The purpose of this role is to provide assistance to faculty members in large classes in learning activities, grading and
other administrative activities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supports faculty members in managing the various aspects of their teaching activities at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- Organizes joint tutorial sessions for students with the faculty members.
- Conducts independent tutorial sessions for students under the faculty supervision outside the regular classes.
- Provides limited coverage for the faculty when they are away attending research conferences outside campus.
- Assists faculty members with preparing course files/materials/assignments, compiling course material, and uploading learning materials to learning management system for students' access.
- Takes students' attendance and uploads online absence records and other students' assessment results to maintain accurate and up-to-date student records.
- Helps with proctoring exams, reporting grades, and uploading grades to the system.
- Participates in class discussions and exercises (on line and face to face) in order to be able to help the students outside the class as required.
- Allocates weekly office hours for each course to assist students with their difficulties.
- Conducts laboratory sessions, when applicable, ensures labs are stocked with required consumables, and observes equipment to ensure they are maintained and operative.
- Assist faculty members with research activities.
- Assists with course files completion and compilation of accreditation documents.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor for TA & Master for GTA degree in related field
- High GPA, Distinguished academic performance
- Professional certification preferred
- English is a must, Arabic is preferred
- Communication Skills, Presentation Skills, Computer Skills
About the Company
Abu Dhabi University is the largest private university in the UAE and is committed to becoming the institution of choice for students across all Emirates and more widely in the region.
With four Colleges offering over 40 undergraduate and postgraduate programs, campuses in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Dubai and Al Dhafra Region, and multiple affiliations with globally renowned institutions, a UAE-wide, truly international quality education is guaranteed for all of our students.