Job description / Role
Leads and supervises the work of a team members and actively participates in the daily care and maintenance of gardens, lawns and other horticulture facilities.
Key Result Responsibilities
• Sets daily/weekly work schedule performed by the team members.
• Performs, and directs the team members in performing, general plant care and garden maintenance, relying on knowledge of horticulture and plant care techniques: planting, pruning, mowing, blowing, edging, aerating, fertilizer application.
• Operates machinery and equipment used in the performance of gardening duties.
• Trains staff in proper use of machinery and equipment.
• Responsible for ensuring the maintenance and upkeep of the lawns, gardens, and the plants in the office premises.
• Ability to work outside in various weather conditions.
Qualifications (Academic, training, languages)
• Minimum of High school level formal education.
• Education and professional training in horticulture will be beneficial.
• Fluency in English in writing and spoken English.
• 6+ years of landscaping and horticulture.
• 3+ years of leading teams
• Experience across all garden maintenance/horticulturist tools
• Able to talk through plant knowledge and make recommendations
• Ability to work to a detailed plan and maintain work schedules as provided.
• Good communication skills across team members.
• Able to maintain a safe and clean working environment as per company policies and safety procedures.
• Ensuring material waste onsite is kept to a minimum
• Maintain in good and safe working order all tools, vehicles, plant, equipment and machinery on site
About the Company
Air Arabia (PJSC), listed on the Dubai Financial Market, is the Middle East and North Africa's first and leading low-cost carrier flying to over 100 destinations across the world. Air Arabia was the first airline to introduce the low-cost carrier concept in the region and is on a mission to serve all Arab countries and beyond, constantly undergoing aggressive route expansion, taking advantage of its ideally located hubs in the United Arab Emirates, Morocco, Egypt and Jordan. Over the past thirteen years, Air Arabia, through continuous market research and customer feedback, provides a range of value added services to millions of passengers who chose to fly with Air Arabia's fleet of A320 aircraft. The airline commenced operations in October 2003 and achieved financial break-even from its very first year of services and has been profitable ever since.