Job description / Role
Fetchr is looking to grow the Operations team, and is looking for Team Leaders. As a Team Leader, you will play a critical role in the management, control and direction of either Outbound, Inbound or Reverse Logistics area of Operations.
The extent of your duties will include:
- Perform and support daily management of department duties.
- Create an inspiring team environment with an open communication culture.
- Oversee day-to-day operation.
- Monitor team performance and report on metrics.
- Listen to team members' feedback and resolve any issues or conflicts.
- Encourage creativity and risk-taking.
- Carry out duties in accordance with trained Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Assign work to staff as required to support the workflow and daily metrics.
- Tracking and reporting of hours and schedules for staff.
- Follow up and solve process-related area issues, as required.
- Improve flow of order through the area.
- Take complete ownership of the team's fleet management.
- Proactive in building means and ways to achieve and exceed the assigned goals.
- Manage customer service escalations and interface with driver and customer, where necessary.
- Support the Operations Manager by ensuring there is sufficient resourcing for the function, including call outs for training needs, absence and performance management, coaching and continuous monitoring of department productivity.
- Support in the development of a strong culture of health and safety practices and initiatives through the company policy.
- Assist with the training of new drivers or team leaders to ensure they have the right knowledge to carry out tasks required.
- Be able and willing to work to flexible schedules/shifts and commit the time required to get the job done.
- Reliability and trustworthiness, keen sense of accountability
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Solid computer skills, especially MS Excel
- Experience managing drivers in a logistics industry in UAE
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to make quick and smart decisions under pressure
- Experience in coaching and mentoring others to succeed
- Able to handle long and short term multiple tasks, whilst working in a fast paced, ambiguous environment
- Attractive Basic Salary
- On job training
About the Company
Fetchr is a tech company revolutionizing the world of delivery across emerging markets where there are no physical addresses. In fact, half the world's population has no physical address. Fetchr has the technical solution by eliminating the need for a physical address and deliver to wherever you are. Our patented solution has changed the traditional method of delivery.
Fetchr is the first Middle Eastern company ever to be backed by the most successful venture capitalists from Silicon Valley. Sending and receiving packages has never been this seamless. Established in the UAE in 2012, we've grown to over 3000 employees spread across seven countries and growing rapidly.