Job description / Role
Advice and assist Line Manager for Operations Planning & Support Department on cost budget, operation planning, contract management and operations performance activities in order to achieve planned objectives and business plans effectively.
Plan, direct, and supervise the Cost, Budget, Contract and Operations Planning and Performance activities for Operations Division including but not limited to communication of budgeting, contract status & Operations performance data, classification, compilation, presentation, & assistance in preparation of budget & planning proposals and reconciliation.
Prepare and circulate Operations reports on daily / weekly & monthly basis as required highlighting Operation Division functions performance.
Oversees the process of contracts, Contracts management & administration, and tenders for Operations Division.
Supports Division Management regarding various day-to-day tasks, initiatives, and submissions to ADNOC level & other National / International awards
Job Specific Accountabilities
- Plan, direct, and supervise the cost & planning activities for the operations function, including Operations Budget preparation, monitoring, and cost optimization.
- Lead work activities for Operation budgeting and cost control and Operation performance monitoring.
- Lead the preparation of annual budget (CAPEX, OPEX, and Manpower) for the operations function.
- Monitor actual expenditure against approved OPEX & CAPEX budgets, perform periodic analysis of variances, highlight trends, and propose corrective actions.
- Manage the Operations financial accounting, accruals, and reversals.
- Monitor and ensure the budget process is in line with company policy, budget guidelines, and timetable.
- Oversee the process of contracts and tenders for operations function.
- Monitor performance of contracts belongs to operations function.
- Establish and maintain proper flagging system for all operations contract and service work orders administrators. Supervise the preparation of operations contracts variation orders, as and when necessary.
- Monitor operations contracts and service work orders process and ensure that are in line with company guidelines and policies.
- Co-ordinate for formulation and implementation of operations business plan, 5-year business planning, and annual objectives.
- Provide financial advice and recommendations to all Operations cost center holders.
- Ensure that Financial Reports are provided to all Operations cost center holders by highlighting the variances and optimization recommendations.
- Review and supervise operation financial feasibility studies.
- Ensure that a system in place to recover all the services provided to clients.
- Manage and supervise the process of creating sales orders related to operation contracts with clients.
- Lead operations function invoices process in a timely manner and avoid any delays or disputes.
- Ensure quick resolution of any dispute against the returned ADNOC Sour Gas invoices by ADNOC Sour Gas clients.
- Supervise and direct distribution of client bonus to eligible rig crew on-time.
- Lead compilation, analysis, and performance benchmarking of monthly reports.
- Ensure that detailed professional advice with respect to Performance is available when required, to all the Operations divisions.
- Support Operations (Performance, Quality and Enforcement, and Applications) to develop, promote and implement new systems and practices based on Best Practices, SVPO guidance and Audit reports (findings).
- Lead the process of preparing operations objectives, KPI and performance contracts for Operations & Support Functions.
- Lead the preparation of operations meeting plans.
- Supervise and ensure all Operations Reports, Objectives, KPI's, Contract Performance, Operation Meeting Plans, Minutes of Operations meetings are sent in due time in close coordination with Corporate Planning and Asset/Production Allocation & Coordination Departments.
- Ensure proper reporting and monitoring system for all Operations tenders & contracts and report them in detail when required and ensure prompt renewal/extension of Operations contracts.
- Lead and supervise the preparation of Operations contracts variation orders, as and when necessary.
- Provide contractual advice to all Operations contract and service work order administrators.
- Collaborate with Operations and Internal Audit teams to review the audit recommendations and status and develop plan for timely closeout. Monthly status of the audit recommendation needs to be reported to Management.
- Coordinate SVPO/VPO Weekly Meetings and Alignment Meetings with other Divisions.
- Periodic Operations Division reports e.g., Weekly Highlights and Monthly Reports.
- Comply with all UAE, ADNOC, ADNOC Sour Gas and client Asset Integrity Management codes of practice.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & Location:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Business Administration or equivalent.
Minimum Experience & Knowledge & Skills
- 12 years of experience in cost & budget or planning jobs in a major industrial environment, out of which 5 years at a senior supervisory level.
- Must be computer literate, and familiar with MS Office package, particularly accounting and presentation software packages.
- Fluency in spoken and written English
Location of the Job:
- Shah Site
About the Company
We are one of the world's leading energy producers, and a primary catalyst for Abu Dhabi’s growth and diversification.
We operate across the entire hydrocarbon value chain, through a network of fully-integrated businesses, with interests that range from exploration, production, storage, refining and distribution, to the development of a wide-range of petrochemical products.
Since 1971, we have created thousands of jobs, driven the growth of a diverse knowledge-based economy, and played a key role in Abu Dhabi’s global emergence.
Today, we continue to look for new and innovative ways to maximize the value of our resources, pioneering those approaches and technologies that will ensure we are able to meet the demands of an ever-changing energy market, and continue to have a positive impact on the Abu Dhabi economy for generations to come.