Job description / Role
Join the team of the first LEGOLAND Park in the Middle East and help us create amazing experiences for families from around the world. At LEGOLAND Dubai we rely everyday on our Model Citizens (employees) in meeting our ultimate goal of bringing the LEGO values of creativity, imagination, learning, quality and fun to life and deliver truly memorable experiences to our guests.
With over 40 interactive rides, live shows and attractions you will be able to find a diverse range of career opportunities in one of the most unique and stimulating work environments you could imagine.
Come and work where work is PLAY. At LEGOLAND we make every child a HERO!
Play Your Part
In this role you will be responsible To guarantee that an excellent cleaning service is delivered and provided always by performing certain cleaning techniques to ensure professionalism. To follow all policies, procedures and trainings to encourage behavior where the health and safety of our guests and colleagues is of paramount importance. To ensure that the highest cleaning and safety standards are met while performing various tasks to achieve and maintain it throughout the daily operation at LEGOLAND Dubai. Working in a multitude of environments, you will perform many tasks to ensure that the appearance of any building is pleasing to the eye and the place is dirt and dust free.
- Proven work experience in the Cleaning industry
- Knowledge and experience of how to use and operate cleaning equipment and machinery
- Knowledge of cleaning chemicals and supplies and how and where to use
- Familiarity with Material Safety Data Sheets
- Familiarity of risk assessments
- The ability to follow job and safety instructions
- The ability to work alone without supervision or as part of a team
- Awareness of health and safety
- Planning and Organizing of rosters and daily positions
- Good written, communication and understanding of spoken English is required
Conditions of Work:
- Team Leader will spend time on positions inside and outside in shaded area/s locations with varying temperatures, heights, strains and floor surfaces
- Team Leader will work either operational and non-operational hours
- Develop routines to ensure all areas of LEGOLAND Dubai FOH & BOH are maintained to high standard of cleanliness
- To ensure that the Facility is clean and well maintained, ensuring a sense of comfort throughout the Park for all visiting Guest/s and working Colleague/s
- To be professional, well trained and responsible as your behavior is a direct reflection of the reputation of LEGOLAND
- Be reliable, by ensuring that you maintain consistent high cleaning standards of work
- To give attention to detail
- Follow all instructions carefully to ensure that they are met
- Be a proactive team player
- Be self-motivated and result oriented
- Enjoy outdoor and indoor recreation activity and being around people
- Ability to adapt to situational changes and to adapt plans and schedules to accommodate changing needs of the operation
- Good Listening skills
- Must work shifts
- Carrying, moving or shifting of items
- Pushing and pulling of items
- Physical endurance to continuously stand and walk
- To be well-trained by certified trainers of the department to deliver the necessary skills to perform the task efficiently and safely
- To support and assist in the day-to-day operations and cooperate with the rest of the staff
- To clean and maintain the designated areas FOH or BOH which you are assigned to as per your daily schedule
- To carry out all duties and responsibilities within the guidelines of LEGOLAND Dubai policies and procedures
- To ensure that the highest cleaning and safety standard is guaranteed by using the correct cleaning materials, supplies and equipment for the right task
- To ensure that all cleaning materials, supplies and equipment are out of the reach of our Guest especially around children
- Ensure that all cleaning material, supplies and equipment are cleaned properly and stored away safely daily after every use
- Ensure that sufficient supplies are readily available for daily use on colleague positions i.e. washrooms & janitor rooms
- Must ensure that the correct cleaning chemicals is use correctly for each task, and follow safety procedures
- Must ensure that all colleagues have and are using there PPE gloves and face mask
- Ensuring that chemical is stored in bottles with the correct labeled
- Ensure that the MASDS is readily available on each location/position chemical is used
- To read and understand all MSDS of all chemicals being used
- To ensure that all waste is collected timelessly and disposed of in the correct location
- Also assist with waste management by disposing them in the correct location for segregation
- To ensure that all electrical equipment or machines operated has been checked before using them and any faulty items to be reported to the line manager immediately
- Perform daily washroom checks hourly or every 2hours asper the checklist
- Ensure that daily washroom water runs are performed and checklist completed
- Eye washers and eye wash kits are checked and checklist completed
- Hygiene spill bags are checked and refilled daily
- To be friendly, helpful and have a cheerful attitude while communicating effectively with Guests and Colleagues
- Be courteous by ensuring that every interaction you have with the Guest and Colleagues is conducted in an efficient, prompt and courteous manner
- Be responsive and show initiative, by anticipating the Guest needs and taking immediate action to respond to the Guest
- Be attentive when the Guest speaks to you, stop what you are doing and listen carefully. Always ask questions if you do not understand
Health & Safety:
- To ensure all areas of the LEGOLAND FOH & BOH are maintained to the highest standard of cleanliness to ensure safety
- To report any safety concerns to management immediately to maintain the highest standard of Guest and Colleague safety always
- To comply with all health & safety procedures and all reasonable management requests
- To be aware of all emergency procedures in relation to the building(s) in which they work, including evacuation routes & procedures and details of first aid provision
- Co-operating with management and following policies and procedure to promote a healthy and safe work place
- To be knowledgeable of using a variety of cleaning chemicals, products and equipment in a safe manner to ensure the safety of the Attendant and others around them
- Not intentionally or recklessly interfering with or misusing any item provided in the interest of health & safety
- Taking reasonable care of themselves, fellow Colleagues & Guests, and any other people who may be affected by their acts or omissions
Attendance and Timekeeping:
- Reporting to work regularly and to notify the management if for any reason you are unable to attend duty, according to the attendance policy.
- To arrive on time and in full uniform, well-groomed to perform daily task
Are You a Star?
In order to be qualified for this role you should possess the below criteria:
- High school or equivalent level of education
- Experience in the Cleaning industry for 2 years or above years.
The Best Part of The Story
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; housing allowance, annual flight allowance, comprehensive medical coverage, life and accident insurance and other generous allowances.
We also care about your career development supported by Learning opportunities for those seeking a long-term future in the Company.
About the Company
Dubai Parks and Resorts offers new heights in experiential entertainment through an inspired concept that brings the best of the east and the west in the entertainment industry. Conceived and developed by Meraas Holding, Dubai Parks and Resorts articulates the Dubai leadership’s vision of positioning the emirate as a compelling global tourist destination.
The first phase of Dubai Parks and Resorts will comprise three theme parks: motiongate™ Dubai, Bollywood Parks™ Dubai, and LEGOLAND® Dubai. The development will also feature Riverland - a grand entrance plaza and Lapita, a family themed hotel. The first phase is scheduled for completion in 2016. Ground work commenced on site in February 2014