Job description / Role
• Monitor and manage the performance of the team to ensure the required business, financial, quality and risk targets are achieved.
• Monitor, coordinate and ensure the unit’s daily activities are executed efficiently in line with ADCB/UAE Central Bank and Swift standards to achieve delivery of service levels to external and internal customers with no operational loss to the bank.
• Manage the assigned financial targets to ensure they are achieved as per business plan.
• Implement the appropriate risk framework in accordance with internal and external regulations to mitigate risk incidents that may arise due to operational errors or control lapses.
• Manage self and team in line with ADCB’s people management policies, procedures, processes and practices to ensure adherence and to maximize own and employee contribution to business performance.
• Organize and supervise the activities and work of the team to ensure that targets and objectives are achieved and the business plan is delivered in line with the required policies, processes, procedures and systems.
• Adhere to all relevant organizational and departmental policies, process, standard operating procedures and instructions so that work is carried out to the required standard and in a consistent manner while delivering the required standard of service to customers and stakeholders.
• Manage and motivate the team to ensure they contribute to, and participate in, the identification and implementation of change initiatives, programmes and projects in line with the bank’s standards.
• At least 5 years’ banking experience in a centralized payments processing unit, including a minimum of 3 years’ experience in managing a team
• Bachelor’s degree in commerce or finance
• Proven understanding of Banking applications and production management
• Sound experience in Operational risk management & Compliance / FATCA regulations in the UAE
• Advanced skills in Word and Excel
• Demonstrable analytical and problem solving skills
About the Company
Founded in 1985, ADCB employs more than 4,000 staff from 62 nationalities, serving over 600,000 retail customers, and approximately 50,000 corporate and SME clients. The bank operates in 48 branches, 4 pay offices, 2 branches in India, 1 branch in Jersey and a representative office in London. By the end of March 2015, the total assets of ADCB amounted to AED 207 billion.
ADCB is a full-service commercial bank that offers a wide range of products and services including retail banking, wealth management, private banking, corporate banking, commercial banking, cash management, investment banking, corporate finance, foreign exchange, interest rate, currency derivatives, Islamic products, project finance and property management services.
ADCB is 58.08% owned by Abu Dhabi Investment Council, the investment arm of the Government of Abu Dhabi. The banks shares are traded on the Abu Dhabi Securities Exchange. By the end of March 2015, excluding treasury shares, ADCBs market capitalization was AED 34 bn .