Job description / Role
Operating in the UAE for over 50 years, CBD manages the financial requirements of some of the largest corporates and businesses operating in the country, driving the UAE economy. Over the years, CBD has transformed into a progressive and modern banking institution winning multiple awards for its digital initiatives, credit cards, bank accounts, mobile app features and services.
CBD has been recognized as the number one bank in the UAE on the Forbes list of The World's Best Banks 2022.
As we continue to build upon our successes, we are looking for ambitious individuals who are passionate about the banking and finance industry and the markets in which CBD operates. Just as important to us is your ability to demonstrate a talent for dealing with people - your colleagues and our customers - and delivering service that really goes the extra mile.
The purpose of the role is to carry end-to-end responsibility for the development, delivery, implementation, and maintenance of Cards Systems like V+, Surround systems, IST switch, Fraud Navigator, e-commerce and ATM machines. Responsibility extends to new system deployments, integrations, and enhancements to existing infrastructure to ensure long-term business sustainability
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Analyse business requirements, liaise with project team and produce functional specification document for addressing the requirements.
- Integrate and deploy new systems and products to ensure business sustainability and profitability
- Responsible for implementation of new initiatives / changes in Legal & Audit systems management applications
- Participate in business requirement discussions and identify any gaps together with high-level proposals for their resolution, workarounds or changes in processes.
- Ensure any solutions proposed are realistic and within the agreed scope of the project
- Participate in solution design with development to ensure the requirements are addressed. Ensure requirement traceability to facilitate tracking of requirements coverage
- Demonstrate strong knowledge in card related application, components and surrounding applications
- Demonstrate hands-on operational experience in applications, platforms, modules and components supporting issuing and acquiring related business.
- Determine opportunities to redesign business processes to achieve better business results
- Improve and simply processes and functionality relating to issuing and acquiring and workflows across products and technology architecture using existing capabilities of application
- Ability to prepare accurate and detailed requirement specifications documents, user interface guides, and functional specification documents as well as getting the sign-off from the appropriate client.
- Demonstrates an extensive knowledge of different schemes and regulations in the stated and ability to work with the market / regulators for compliance
- Analyse the business requirements and translate it to technical and functional specification.
- Lead on requirement gathering workshops with different stakeholders
- Ensure the business/operational objectives of the new business requirements are well defined via perform methodical business analysis
- Follow the software development lifecycle from inception throughout design, engineering, testing and deployment. Serving as a liaison between various cross-functional teams that influence card-based applications and modules
- Work with internal and vendor team to define accurate requirement and solutions
- Review business requirement document, workflows and functional specifications
- Validate business requirements to align with business/operations needs as well as IT architecture and security standards
- Facilitate non-functional and Integration requirements discussions and requirement definitions
- Perform data migration / data setup requirement gathering and validations
- Define the user access management matrix with end users in governance to the access control policies
- Graduate in Computer Science or Similar Discipline
- Wide understanding in systems used in acquiring and issuing domain, different settlement schemes and related application suite
- Experience with V+, IST and Base 24 switch, Fraud Navigator, development and maintenance of .net applications
- Strong understanding of Secure Coding Standards
- 12+ years in experience in similar job
- Deep knowledge and hands-on experience with issuing & acquiring processes, schemes and regulations.
- Experience in hosting Hybrid solution on premise/cloud and different hosting models.
About the Company
In 1969, when we at Commercial Bank of Dubai started out little did we know that sheer grit and determination would get us where we are today. An Emiri Decree issued by His Highness the Late Sheikh Rashid Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, the founder of modern Dubai, laid the cornerstone of Commercial Bank of Dubai. We started out as a joint venture of Commerzbank, Chase Manhattan Bank and Commercial Bank of Kuwait. A minority stake was held by a few UAE businessmen.
By 1982, little more than a decade later, we evolved into a National Public Shareholding company. A feat complimented by an exponential increase in the capital base and mammoth restructuring of our operations. The feather in the cap came when the Government of Dubai became a key shareholder.
Over the decades, we have transformed ourselves into a progressive and modern banking institution. We are supported by a sturdy financial base and reigned by a strong and stable management. The proof of which lies with our customers who have stood by us over the years.