Team Leader, Retail Asset Operations
Commercial Bank of Dubai (CBD)
Job description / Role
Operating in the UAE for over 50 years, CBD manages the financial requirements of some of the largest corporates and businesses operating in the country, driving the UAE economy. Over the years, CBD has transformed into a progressive and modern banking institution winning multiple awards for its digital initiatives, credit cards, bank accounts, mobile app features and services.
CBD has been recognized as the number one bank in the UAE on the Forbes list of The World's Best Banks 2022.
As we continue to build upon our successes, we are looking for ambitious individuals who are passionate about the banking and finance industry and the markets in which CBD operates. Just as important to us is your ability to demonstrate a talent for dealing with people - your colleagues and our customers - and delivering service that really goes the extra mile.
As Team Leader for Retail Asset Operations responsibilities include:
• Accountable for managing day to day operations in Asset Operations involving registration of lien, disbursals of approved mortgage, take-over cases, custodianship of security documents, follow-up of deferral cases with sales, compliance to land department regulations, archival of customer files & requests, signing of managers cheques, maintenance of mortgage loan accounts, life & property insurance declaration, vendor payments, updating Operational Risk Database, whilst ensuring that these activities are carried out with maximum efficiency, security and control in accordance with established procedures and agreed service standards.
• Accountable for managing day to day operations in Asset Operations function involving preparation and sign-off of FOLs, disbursals of approved SME cases, custodianship of security documents, follow-up of deferral cases with sales, mortgage of vehicles with RTA or ADMS, signing of managers cheques, setting up of DDA requests, maintenance of SME accounts, archival of customer files & requests, updating Operational Risk Database, whilst ensuring that these activities are carried out with maximum efficiency, security and control in accordance with established procedures and agreed service standards.
• Accountable for developing, maintaining, and constantly improving processes & workflow relating to the unit and updating those processes in the unit's SOP & ensure that these conform to the Bank's standard of quality, operational efficiency and controls and include effective internal controls to manage operational risks and stand the test of audit.
• Responsible for managing performance of off-shore team through the daily EOD MIS, error rate, & monthly dashboard and channel feedback on exceptions with corrective measures.
• Accountable for establishing and monitoring operational performance standards, service standards, and service level agreements (both internal within the bank and external with service providers) for all aspects of operational performance / service delivery within Mortgage & SME Operations to ensure a very high level of both internal and external customer satisfaction.
• Accountable to have an effective complaint management process and handle customer complaints & enquiries when escalated and channel feedback into process improvements and ensure that efficient and quality services are always provided to customers in accordance with Bank's agreed service standards.
• Accountable for review of procedures in coordination with Sr Mgr, Asset Operations to ensure that Unit activities are always geared to deliver the requirements of the business especially when new products are launched which significantly impact volumes.
• Generate MIS on unit volumes and submit it to Sr Mgr, Asset Operations, and provide insight to unit trends that can help on capacity planning and business volumes.
• Accountable as one of the joint custodians for Retail Operations chubbs to ensure that all custodial items are kept under safe custody.
• Accountable for building a control conscious environment, by making reporting staff aware of the key risk / controls / procedures of the operations and letting them "own" their processes.
• Accountable to plan and review staffing requirements, in accordance with business plans & volumes.
• Ensure that all facilities within Asset operations Disbursal & Maintenance Unit are always maintained in good condition in order to eliminate possible downtime.
• Accountable to constantly monitor the performance of Asset operations unit staff and counsel, mentor, motivate, guide and train them to ensure that performance is optimized through a high level of staff morale/initiative/development and SMART KPIs.
• Accountable to provide regular guidance and direction to the staff within Asset operationsUnit in order to achieve the business objectives, and to ensure that the various operational procedures and deliverables are well coordinated to maximize business profitability dynamics and customer satisfaction.
• Accountable to review and sign Managers Cheques, issued from Retail Operations unit.
• Accountable to provide training to both on-shore & off-shore staff on all operational process whenever a new product or new product features or new process is rolled out.
• Accountable for imparting Asset operations related Induction Training to new recruits.
• Accountable to keep Sr Mgr, Asset Operations advised of any material operational / process weaknesses and non-compliance with controls in Asset Operations and incidents to be updated to Bank's ORM on all potential and confirmed fraud / risk cases.
• Accountable to keep Sr Mgr Asset Operations advised of any changes to UAE Central Bank regulations, Land Department regulations communicated via circulars or emails or manuals and make recommendations / changes to Operational Procedures.
• Accountable for ensuring that there is always a perfect match of all processes followed within Asset Operations with SOPs.
• Ensure participation and recommendation of user specifications for system development / enhancement for activities handled within the Unit or on any new product launch.
• Work closely with Client Engagement function and ensure effective complaint management & handle customer complaints and enquiries when escalated and channel feedback into process improvements.
• Work closely with Sales, Business & IT functions to ensure that all operational support requirement is addressed whenever a new product or new product features are launched in the market.
• Work closely with Risk & Policy unit when a new credit policy is rolled out and ensure that the unit staff is well trained on credit policy related to Asset product disbursals.
• Work closely with Sr Mgr Asset Operations to ensure that Asset Operations is always geared to deliver the requirements of the business.
• Work closely with Sr Mgr Asset Operations during implementation of system enhancements releases on disbursals & maintenance activities by developing Test Scripts, conducting User Acceptance Testing.
• Accountable to handle additional activities delegated by Sr. Mgr Asset Operations and as a back-up for Team Leader, Asset Operations.
• Ensure Customer satisfaction and End-to-End ownership on all activities.
- University degree or equivalent qualification.
- At least 5 years of experience in managing Asset Operations Unit, and must have thorough knowledge of credit policies, UAE Central Bank regulations, Land Department regulations and disbursal & maintenance function of Mortgage & SME.
- People Management
- Communication & Inter-personal skills
- Information systems management
- Quality in Service Delivery
- Multicultural awareness
- Product Knowledge
- Knowledge of UAE Central Bank & Land Department regulations
- Strong process & control orientation
- Management Information Skills
- Customer focus
- Financial & Accounting skills
About the Company
In 1969, when we at Commercial Bank of Dubai started out little did we know that sheer grit and determination would get us where we are today. An Emiri Decree issued by His Highness the Late Sheikh Rashid Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, the founder of modern Dubai, laid the cornerstone of Commercial Bank of Dubai. We started out as a joint venture of Commerzbank, Chase Manhattan Bank and Commercial Bank of Kuwait. A minority stake was held by a few UAE businessmen.
By 1982, little more than a decade later, we evolved into a National Public Shareholding company. A feat complimented by an exponential increase in the capital base and mammoth restructuring of our operations. The feather in the cap came when the Government of Dubai became a key shareholder.
Over the decades, we have transformed ourselves into a progressive and modern banking institution. We are supported by a sturdy financial base and reigned by a strong and stable management. The proof of which lies with our customers who have stood by us over the years.