Job description / Role
We are looking for a team leader for our Spare Parts Sales department in MAN Diesel & Turbo PrimeServ in Dubai. As a team leader you will provide direction and guidance to your team of Technical Sales engineers and Sales Coordinators. The purpose is to achieve goals set by management.
You will work within the team and secure the necessary prioritization of the team effort. As an effective team leader you will know the strengths and weaknesses of the team members and what motivates them as a group and individually. This position is a newly established due to an extension of the organization.
• Managing the flow of day-to-day operations and making adjustments when necessary
• You ensure a successful on boarding and training of new employees
• Support the strategy set by MAN | PrimeServ Management team
• Effectively developing and implementing processes in the department
• As a team leader you put a great effort into motivating your team of Technical Sales Engineers and Sales Coordinators
• Conducting the yearly appraisal
• You are responsible for effectively communicating management decisions to your Sales Engineers and Sales Coordinators
• Identifying key tasks and prioritizing them in terms of their value for MAN | PrimeServ
• The ideal candidate has a technical background as Engineer or Mechanical Engineer
• You have probably several years of working experience with leadership, where you have gained the skills required for being a successful leader. Management training is likewise a plus
• It is an advantage but not a requirement if you have experience within sales and have worked within the maritime industry
• Ability to motivate and develop your team
• You thrive in a busy working environment and support knowledge sharing as a key to success
• You must have excellent English skills both orally and in written You acknowledge that your ability in handling people is your greatest asset to ensure that your team succeed
• You know what it takes to work across a matrix organization
About the Company
MAN Diesel & Turbo SE, based in Augsburg, Germany, is the world’s leading provider of large-bore diesel engines and turbomachinery for marine and stationary applications. It designs two-stroke and four-stroke engines that are manufactured both by the company and by its licensees. The engines have power outputs ranging from 450 kW to 87 MW. MAN Diesel & Turbo also designs and manufactures gas turbines of up to 30 MW, steam turbines of up to 150 MW and compressors with volume flows of up to 1.5 million m³/h and pressures of up to 1,000 bar. The product range is rounded off by turbochargers, propellers, gas engines and chemical reactors.
MAN Diesel & Turbo’s range of goods includes complete marine propulsion systems, turbomachinery units for the oil & gas as well as the process industries and complete power plant solutions. Customers receive worldwide after-sales services marketed under the MAN PrimeServ brand. The company employs around 14,500 staff at more than 100 international sites, primarily in Germany, Denmark, France, Switzerland, the Czech Republic, India and China. MAN Diesel & Turbo is a company in the Power Engineering business area of MAN SE.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Procurement Engineer - Mechanical / Electrical