Job description / Role
Operating in the UAE for over 50 years, CBD manages the financial requirements of some of the largest corporates and businesses operating in the country, driving the UAE economy. Over the years, CBD has transformed into a progressive and modern banking institution winning multiple awards for its digital initiatives, credit cards, bank accounts, mobile app features and services.
CBD has been recognized as the number one bank in the UAE on the Forbes list of The World's Best Banks 2022.
As we continue to build upon our successes, we are looking for ambitious individuals who are passionate about the banking and finance industry and the markets in which CBD operates. Just as important to us is your ability to demonstrate a talent for dealing with people - your colleagues and our customers - and delivering service that really goes the extra mile.
We require a Team Leader for our Technology Platfrom Development Team. This is a mid-level leadership role shaping and leading the Bank's digital delivery agenda; and is responsible for development and maintenance of online & mobile banking platform to help us achieve our Default Digital goals.
The job holder is responsible for the design, development, customization, and maintenance of software applications in the Online Channels space. This includes Online, Mobile as well as Digital client onboarding applications. There is direct supervision of a number of developers and multiple hybrid delivery teams. It also involves management of multiple business stakeholders, vendors, internal and external audit, finance and regulatory agencies - either independently or with other business leaders.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Leading a team of Developers
- Analyze online channel business requirements (functional and non-functional) and collaborate with architects/application leads to prepare solutions which meet requirements
- Collaborate with CBD Architects to document functional and non-functional (security, availability, performance) software specifications in alignment with corporate guidelines and principles
- Prepare work breakdown structures for the teams
- Lead and coordinate software development activities and ensure timely and accurate delivery of the specifications
- Lead and coordinate unit and system integration testing in order to meet software quality objectives
- Coordinate the overall application delivery and release by coordinating with internal teams and vendors
- Work closely with team leads across different Technology areas to identify the critical path and to address dependencies.
- Work with the Channels team to foster Agile and DevOps adoption and best practices - this includes the implementation of Pull Requests, CI/CD and git branching.
- Ensure work is delivered by means of a continuous delivery model
- Coordinate the deployment of releases into production and prepare deployment plans
- Lead and coordinate the resolution of production support tickets
- Prepare technical manuals / Support documentation to facilitate the smooth transition from delivery to a BAU model
- Train key users to the applications functionality, including the identification, troubleshooting and reporting of issues
- Prepare Application System Recovery Plans
- Ensure a solid governance structure is followed to maintain documentation, code, configurations and deployment integrity.
- Continuously develop own expertise, optimising on-the-job and formal training opportunities
- Continuously reduce business and customer impact due to application issues by ensuring quality standards implementation, performing root cause analysis, and publishing results to a unified wiki
- Develop future prevention plan for the solution domain with focus on proactive technology debt remediation
- University graduate in Computer Science
- Professional certifications in low-code platforms, cloud will be an added advantage
- Must have experience of responsive web development and/or mobile app development
- Expert on Mobile & Online Banking across Retail and SME segments in UAE context
- Understanding of Banking products, services and processes (min 3 years' experience required) mandatory
- Knowledge and understanding of Core Banking and Cards system knowledge desirable but not mandatory
- Good understanding about standard banking channels (CRM,IVR,ATM/CDM, Contact Center, SMS and Branch Operations) desirable
- At least 4 years of hands-on experience developing OutSystems web and/or mobile applications; good understanding of OutSystems best practices, architecture patterns, integrations and extensions, application performance; having OutSystems Certification (Web and/or Mobile) will be an added advantage
- At least 4 years of experience in cloud native technology (Serverless, Storage, and Web Stacks)
- Experience in Spring Boot, Microservices, and RDBMS.
- Experience developing responsive web and mobile solution that meets the business needs using OutSystems Rapid Application Development platform using windows platform
- Experience in developing solution features following OutSystems development best practices, ensuring solution performance and users adoption
- Experience in integrating with external systems (3rd Party Integration tools) according to the defined architecture guidelines
- Functional and implementation knowledge on mobile & online banking channels which must include third-party integration.
- Hands on experience across the SDLC lifecycle including interpretation of business requirements into technical requirements, functional and technical solution design, cost estimations, resourcing and project planning, development, testing and implementation and movement to production and a BAU model.
- Able to connect & interpret both functional and non-functional requirement into optimised technical solutions
- Must have experience of leading defect triage calls (SIT/UAT)
- Must have good trouble-shooting skills in order to analyse and guide the team in order to determine the root cause of issues
- Technical skills in web-scale architecture patterns, solutions design, and application performance
- Must have a deep understanding of Networking (Load balancer, Firewall, WAF, VPN,...) and Compute (On-premises or cloud based VM, App services, Containerized platform)
- Must be familiar with API Gateway concepts (such as WSO2 API Gateway) and be able to produce API flows/sequence diagrams and deployment diagrams
- Must have knowledge about the IOS/Android development platform including build creation, distribution and release process
- Must have knowledge about Flutter
- Familiar with multiple DBMS; on-premises as well as on-cloud models
About the Company
In 1969, when we at Commercial Bank of Dubai started out little did we know that sheer grit and determination would get us where we are today. An Emiri Decree issued by His Highness the Late Sheikh Rashid Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, the founder of modern Dubai, laid the cornerstone of Commercial Bank of Dubai. We started out as a joint venture of Commerzbank, Chase Manhattan Bank and Commercial Bank of Kuwait. A minority stake was held by a few UAE businessmen.
By 1982, little more than a decade later, we evolved into a National Public Shareholding company. A feat complimented by an exponential increase in the capital base and mammoth restructuring of our operations. The feather in the cap came when the Government of Dubai became a key shareholder.
Over the decades, we have transformed ourselves into a progressive and modern banking institution. We are supported by a sturdy financial base and reigned by a strong and stable management. The proof of which lies with our customers who have stood by us over the years.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Alpha Group (Alpha Flight Services UAE)
IT System Analyst
Chef Middle East
ERP & IT Business Systems Lead
Senior IT Manager
Middle East Executive
Private Banking Manager
Commercial Bank of Dubai (CBD)