Job description / Role
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you’ll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise, and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
We are looking for a Team Secretary to join our Administration team in Sharjah.
• Typing of letters, reports, proposals and general documentation using templates. Accurate presentation and editing of complex documents using knowledge of engineering terms
• Implement the Report Format process with all Project teams and ensure that the process is accurately followed and work closely with the Project Director/ Manager to meet submission deadlines and produce quality reports by using the Report Standard Checklist
• Draft non-technical correspondence, creating spreadsheets for data collation, preparation of organograms using Visio and creating PowerPoint presentations using imported images and text in accordance with WSP templates as necessary
• Manage the onward distribution of incoming documents ensuring WSP Document Control procedures have been followed and urgent matters are brought to the attention of the relevant personnel
• Maintain accurate records of outgoing documents/correspondence using the Project Correspondence Out (F7) Register
• Maintain accurate records of electronic filing with respect to Prospects, ensuring WSP filing and referencing procedures are strictly adhered to so that traceability is maintained
• Coordinate project team meetings, prepare agenda, attend meetings, take notes and type up using WSP templates and distribute to all parties concerned
• Arrange internal/external meetings/conference calls as and when requested, ensuring all parties are notified promptly and equipment and meeting rooms booked
• Handle telephone calls, taking messages as necessary and making calls as instructed to clients/external contacts in a professional and timely manner. Deal with any routine enquires and escalate appropriately as required
• Work as part of a team to ensure project submission deadlines are met and provide cover during their absence
• Maintain confidentiality at all times and ensure any sensitive issues are dealt with appropriately
• Ensure that Health & Safety is embedded into all work practices in line with company policies
• Provide regular work status updates, including risks or concerns, to line manager
• Attend and contribute in team and project meetings as required
• Support WSP approach to sustainability
• Ensure QMS and Project Lifecycle compliance across team and projects
• Complete accurate timesheets by set deadline and assist staff members to submit their timesheets during their absence if required
• Degree qualified or equivalent with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a fast-paced engineering or other professional services environment
• Proven ability in proof reading and copy editing
• Experienced user of Microsoft Office
• Ability to work with limited supervision and use initiative
• Relevant IT qualification
• Proven team player, with a positive attitude
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP – we can!
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous days annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Team Administrator / Personal Assistant
|Abu Dhabi||14 Sep|