Job description / Role
- The AI and Robotics lab at the College of Information Technology in the United Arab Emirates University is looking for a Technical Assistant to join Social Robotics Programming group.
- The objective of this project is to develop hardware and software related to social robots that can communicate with humans and facilitate their tasks.
- The candidate for this position should preferably have a degree in Computer Science or any related field, have excellent analytical and programming skills and possess strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
- They should be highly motivated to engage in research, be capable of working independently and open to exploratory work which may demand changing directions and picking up new skills on the go as required.
- It is desirable for the candidate to possess excellent programming skills, development experience with any of the mainstream mobile platforms and exhibit an appetite for building experimental proof of concept systems using open source tools and off the shelf hardware platforms.
- It is also an expectation that the candidate will contribute towards setting up pilot trials, subsequent scale-up and dissemination of this work. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
- The candidate for this position should preferably have a degree in Computer Science
- Excellent programming skills, and working independently in various projects
About the Company
Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling about 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
As a research-intensive university of international stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked the number one research university in the GCC, number two in the Arab World, and #370 globally.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.