Job description / Role
Dubai Properties is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment and embedding equality, consistency and transparency in its culture and employment practices.
Dubai Properties does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, marital status, age, being a person of determination or any other non-merit factor
The position is required to lead and manage the project oversight including the technical design review, Quality Control and HSE functions from the design stage moving to construction phase until the handover stage throughout multiple projects cycle. In addition to it, the job holder will also provide technical support during the project life cycle especially until the completion of DLP.
Policies and Process:
Oversee the development of functional policies and processes to ensure smooth functioning of the department. Provide guidance and ensure compliance to the set policies, procedures and processes to avoid risk and enable consistency in the services provided to stakeholders.
Design Review and Tendering Phase:
• Technical review of structural and MEP design, specifications, drawings and provide guidance to the design team during schematic phase of design stage of a project to ensure the project design is technically sound and considers all the local authority / government rules, regulations and requirements.
• Develop technical design guidelines and ensure the internal teams adhere to the established guidelines aligned to the rules and regulations of the authorities.
• Develop engineering scope of services for different projects types in compliance to design and delivery strategy suitable to appoint competent consultants.
• Propose alternative solutions, when required, for more viable and cost-effective design particularly for structural and MEP systems
• Ensure the team is abreast on the latest systems and solutions to ensure the project designs are as per the market and new trend in the construction and real estate industry.
• Review consultants design deliverable in respect to design efficiency and cost aspects in compliance to project requirements and budget.
• Participate in tender preparation, evaluation of tender submissions and bids received, revisions and cost estimates for the technical components of the project by being involved in the tender evaluation process. Contract negotiation and working closely with consultants to answer tender queries and make suitable modifications during the tendering phase.
• Propose / review the VE proposals as and when required through-out the design review and tendering phase.
• Oversee the team activities to ensure the construction of projects in relation to structure, MEP, finishing and HSE to be in conformance with approved drawings, contract specifications, method statements, N25 and client’s quality standard.
• Maintain professional working relationships with the consultants and ensure their scope of work is relevant and updated.
• Monitor the consultant’s and contractor’s performance on site and ensure compliance with project requirements, quality, time and cost.
• Directly advise the project and design team in respect to the technical comparison and possibility of obtaining better proposals.
• Carry out technical review for the consultant documentation as and when required to ensure compliance with the project brief, budget and quality intended.
• Provide oversight to the team to ensure MEP specifications and drawings of projects are in compliance to rules and regulations and advise concerned departments on any variations and corrections.
• Oversee different options for building services in terms of one-time and running costs, energy conservation, flexibility of use, etc. to ensure a cost-effective operation.
• Highlight any potential defects / abortive works that might affect project successful completion.
• Carryout of quarterly vendor evaluation and provide performance feedback to the management.
• Review of project oversight deliverables like site observation reports / project closeout reports etc.
• Represent / assist client on technical fronts as and when required.
• Review the VE process / exercise throughout the construction phase, as applicable.
Quality Assurance and Control:
• Responsible for driving excellence in Quality assurance, control processes for the projects under construction period to meet organization's Quality standards/objectives.
• Design, develop and implement SOPs and Quality Control measures, ERP and Internal audit system to ensure the projects are compliant to the rules and regulations of building requirements.
• Conduct surveillance and reviews of the quality systems, including those of subcontractors and suppliers.
• Review and provide guidance in preparation of corrective and preventive action plans for Quality non-conformance.
• Carry out technical audits for projects in construction phase
Health Safety and Environment:
• Develop HSE guidelines and standards are defined and established based on the government regulatory rules and ensure team compliance to the set guidelines and standards across all the projects.
• Determine cause of unsafe condition through procedure review, equipment and facilities inspection, and worker observation with corrective action recommendations provided.
• Oversee procedures for investigating construction accidents.
• Collects and analyses injury and safety survey statistical data to write technical reports and makes presentations to contractors and regional management regarding contractor performance.
• Supervise / review HSE weekly reports for all projects in construction phase.
• Carry out HSE audits for projects in construction phase
• Review the monthly reports that clearly demonstrates the progress of design and construction phases respectively along with the associated risk registers, program delays and mitigations, photographic representation of the site progress, compliance with the budget and/or any potential changes, early warnings, HSE, etc.
• Provide insight and advice to management on the concerns and highlight the risk factors that may jeopardize the completion of project or quality of products based on the progress reports. Provide risk mitigation plans where required for taking precautionary measures for not repeating the same issues.
• Ensure the department has track of all structural and MEP related issues, root causes, and corrective actions recommended / taken to ensure closure in a timely manner.
• Ensure any abnormalities are highlighted to the management during the constructions period due to quality issues and ensure proactive actions are suggested to the Management as soon as noticed
Department Budget and Team Management:
• Contribute in developing department budget and operational expenses details for business plan submission and ensure the departmental expenses are within the budget.
• Lead the team by providing support, mentoring, training & development for them in order to upskill themselves on the job.
• Manage the yearly performance cycles for the team and ensure to adhere to the process timelines as communicated by the HR department. Carryout continuous monitoring of team performance and address any issues proactively.
• Keep the team aware of new industry trends, methodologies, tools and best practices in technical design and work related to the function.
• Project timeline and delivery. 100% compliance to the MEP built as per the approved design and rules and regulations.
% of HSE issues and risk
• Adherence to allocated budget - % cost savings due to introduction of design change or quality control
• Cost reduction and process improvement
• Team members are provided learning and development opportunities
• Bachelor’s / Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
• 15 years’ experience in the relevant field
Skillset (job specific technical & system skills if applicable)
• Construction Management
• Technical knowledge and experience in the industry in UAE.
• Project Management skills.
• ERP System
• Knowledge of Quality standards and certifications.
• All Departments
• As per the DOA and policies & Procedures
About the Company
Dubai Properties leverages its impressive legacy as a reliable developer to elevate Dubai’s status as a global icon. With almost two decades of expertise designing and developing sought-after residential master communities across waterfront, urban, and suburban locations, Dubai Properties addresses every aspect of the real estate landscape. Its communities - home to an array of residents and happy families - include JBR, Jaddaf Waterfront, La Vie, 1/JBR, Bellevue Towers, Remraam, Mudon and Villanova to name a few.
Dubai Properties also offers institutional investors access to an extensive land portfolio for development opportunities. All the initiatives aim to enrich the lives of residents and visitors, bringing a vast collection of living experiences to the Emirates.
Sr. Project Manager
A Leading Engineering Consulting Company in UAE
Senior Project Manager (Multi Site)
Senior Project Manager
|Abu Dhabi||24 Jun|
Senior Resident Engineer