Job description / Role
We are hiring an ambitious and forward-thinking design director to join our established and growing team in UAE.
The design director will be responsible to oversee the design of a large project or project which is likely highly technical or multifaceted in nature.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Managing the consultant team to deliver a fully coordinated design scheme for the design delivery of the project or projects.
• Coordinating with other design management representatives across the programme, including infrastructure, security, overlay, and place making to provide an integrated design solution
• Providing day to day management and regular reporting on the progress of the design.
• Providing guidance to the overall programme on codes and standards, design strategies, and processes necessary to complete the projects.
• Overseeing the design brief and scope of work to ensure the design consultant(s) are delivering the clients requirements.
• Developing and assisting in the processing of change requests, RFI’s, and instructions to the consultants.
• Providing regular written reports on project status.
• Managing the urban planner so that this work is fully integrated across the site.
• Collaborating with all other disciplines to ensure the work is fully coordinated across the site, integrating programme requirements for a world class site development.
• Attending and directing regular coordination meetings and special meetings as required.
• Facilitating the technical review of all design submissions of the consultant and complete a review of related consultant submittals across the Expo Programme.
• With a relevant degree qualification, you will take personal development seriously and be chartered or pursuing a similar level of professional qualification.
• You are digitally savvy, can build lasting client relationships and lead strong, motivated teams.
• You must have experience of programme or project management equating quality and value with the individual client and be hungry to grow your career and enjoy the opportunities Mace has to offer.
About the Company
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 6,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East North Africa and India, North America, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety first - going home safe and well, Client focus - deliver on our promise, Create opportunity - for our people to excel, Integrity - always doing the right thing. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most complex and inspiring projects around the world.
We support our people who are aiming to achieve an academic or professional qualification that will help them develop personally and deliver to the highest standard for our clients. At Mace you can deepen your knowledge, expand your skills and define your own path.