Job description / Role
Salary: up to AED 50,000 and family status benefits
Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE
Our Client is a leader in the production of paperboard packaging for products including Milk, juices, cheese, tomato paste etc, using state of the art technology and materials. Supplying companies (FMCG) across Middle East and North Africa. As a result of their expansion we are looking for a Technical Service Manager to join the team.
The Key role, reporting to the General Manager, is to ensure the successful introduction of packaging material to new customers, conduct regular audits at key customer sites, managing and directing the planning, development and maintenance of the operations, managing projects to support sales and manufacturing operations by supervising and developing process validation, equipment qualification and existing product development.
Support the growth of a startup aseptic packaging material company. Monitor the introduction of packaging material into new customers and give prompt feedback to production and development teams.
Develop and implement short and long-term Technical Service strategies to achieve company goals and customer needs.
- Develop Technical Services department strategies to help the company in achieving strategic goals and objectives.
- Manage the selection and development of people, resources, and budgets necessary to perform the functions of the department.
- Monitor work procedures, work schedules, and expedites workflow by preparing action sheets, work breakdown structure and targets for team to provide productivity
- Lead technical activities in equipment qualification, systems qualification, and process development. Partner with cross functional departments (e.g. Sales, Production, Maintenance and Quality) to complete project planning based on technical fundamentals.
- Direct the collection of research and background support data for equipment, systems, and processes to be validated.
- Analyze performance data and initiate corrective/preventive action.
- Practice QHSE and BRC procedures, and recommend improvements to standard procedures as required;
- HSE – Ensure work is in a safe and effective manner, during all operations.
- Ensure tools and equipment’s are handled safe. Ensure quality operations at workshop and site.
- Report any near misses at work location to the QHSE Manager or QHSE Engineer;
- Dispose the wastage in the allocated bins;
- Maintain quality service by following organization standards and procedures;
- Communicate QHSE and BRC Requirements to the external parties as applicable;
- Working knowledge of BRC standard, Policies/ Codes of Practice for some of the major UAE retailers, Food Packaging Legislation, and Good Manufacturing Practices;
- Implementation, maintenance and continuous improvement of a BRC based quality system, such that, as a minimum, required approvals (typically BRC and customer standards) are achieved and hygienic quality/safety/legality standards are consistently met.
- Graduate of a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or equivalent 10 to 15 years of experience in the same or similar field, in a leadership role.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting and budgeting principals would be a plus.
- Excellent communication, presentation, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Hands on.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment with shifting priorities and multiple deadlines.
- Ability to build, coach and motivate a high performance technical service team.
- Must have proven track record and experience with most Tetra Pak Filling machines
- Experience in GCC, KSA, Africa and good knowledge of customers is an advantage.
About the Company
italent has been around since 2012, when we saw that businesses needed better talent solutions for their employment requirements. By focusing our efforts on quality products and services that are simple-to-use and innovative, our team brings you the best results without any unexpected additional costs and unnecessary complications. Simply put, we love helping businesses find and keep the right people.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Vice President - Operations Improvement & Strategy
NSI & Bluefin Talent
Facility Management Director
A Leading Engineering and Construction Company in Qatar