Job description / Role
• Site based and site oriented engineer who is in charge of a specific part of a larger construction project.
• Responsible to ensure that the site is supplied with all documentation, methods and materials needed to carry out the works.
• Prepare the construction method statements and risk assessments, and develop work methods and temporary works necessary for your area.
• Prepare temporary works drawings and site related design drawings.
• Develop job safety analysis.
• Follow up on the permanent work design and coordinate this with the site.
• Coordinate on a daily basis with the subcontractors, and assist in the preparation of the work requisition for the subcontracted works.
• Prepare technical and commercial comparison sheets of offers received from the subcontractors, and follow up of the subcontracted works, including the payment applications.
• Prepare work requisition for all required permanent materials, and prepare material submittals and follow-up of the approval process.
• Follow-up on the deliveries and invoicing of these permanent materials.
• Anticipate standard solutions and take initiative and make suggestions, you challenge prevailing assumptions.
• Demonstrate great ability to work effectively and efficiently in constantly changing business environment, you know how to deal with failures and look critically at own work.
• Plan, organize and prioritize own work, you seek confirmation of priorities when confronted with unusual situations, and you report on the state of affairs.
• Understand your role in the team and in the broader departmental organization, you document best practices and coach one or more specialists.
• Demonstrate responsibility and ownership and report spontaneously to your manager.
• Summarize data in a logical way and you check whether your own observations or interpretations are correct.
• Dealing with similar or regularly reoccurring situations, you start to apply risk management analysis.
• BSc in Architectural / Civil Engineering with minimum 5 years experience in managing & coordinating of shop drawings, material submissions, and subcontractors.
• Must have worked within a technical office.
• Computer knowledge
About the Company
We are a leading Contracting Company in Abu Dhabi. Totally commitment to quality and sharp focus on customer satisfaction have set the group apart as a market leader providing general construction services for commercial and residential projects.