Job description / Role
Who we are
At Wear That, our goal is to help our customers look great and feel great about themselves by revolutionizing how people shop. In a time-starved world where shopping often feels overwhelming, our business connects customers to clothes they love. We've built unique, innovative software for merchandising, warehouse and inventory management, remote styling, and logistics. We leverage vast amounts of client data to make decisions throughout the company. All of this results in a simple, powerful offering to our clients and a very successful business. We believe we are only scratching the surface of our opportunity, and we're looking for incredible people to contribute!
What you will be doing
You will deliver products and solutions-not just features-by developing an understanding of how Wear That works. We trust you to focus your time and efforts where they are needed most. Your commitment to applying technology to business challenges in clean & innovative ways will make you a trusted leader on your team. You will own projects, influence their direction, and work with your team to deliver them successfully. You will collaborate with our algorithms and product teams to define the scope of projects, and plan deliverables. You will have the opportunity to develop your nontechnical skills by leading projects your team is responsible for, and influencing our technical direction. We prioritise fast iteration without compromising quality while maintaining an attention to detail that creates the personalization Wear That is known for.
What you'll need to succeed
We are excited about you because
- You are enthusiastic about technology.
- You will collaborate to build solutions using the appropriate tools and contribute to design and architecture across multiple systems.
- You want to build on your experience and help us to adopt new technologies.
- You'll learn from us, and we'll learn from you.
- You care deeply about the experience you are delivering.
- You have a product-focused mindset.
- Our team works together to deliver projects that use technology to solve real business problems.
- Your team members and business partners will seek out your opinion on how the product you're building should work.
- You aren't afraid to dig deep and ask the tough questions of our customers, company, and executive team.
- You are interested in developing your leadership qualities.
- You should believe in what you're doing and inspire others around you to be their best selves? Do you feel ownership for the projects you are working on?
- You have deep respect for your craft.
- We are dedicated to building software sustainably, using modern techniques.
- You're always looking for more and better ways to write software, and enthusiastic about sharing them with your team.
- Architected full-stack integration solutions with third party services, primarily payment gateway.
- Experience leading a team and defining the tech roadmap.
Our technology stack:
- Any e-commerce platform
What we can offer you
You'll love working at Wear That because we..
- Are a successful, vibrant, fast-growing company
- Are a technologically and data-driven business.
- Are at the forefront of tech and fashion, redefining shopping for the next generation.
- Are passionate about our clients and live/breathe the client experience.
- Get to be creative every day.
- Have a smart, experienced, and diverse leadership team that wants to do it right & is open to new ideas.
- Believe in autonomy & taking initiative.
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.