Technical Lead (Messaging and Campaign)
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job description / Role
Let your career take off with the World's Leading Airline, Etihad Airways. Work in the forefront of the aviation industry, with the airline that has reimagined the flying experience through its pioneering products and services.
The Technical Lead will be responsible providing technical leadership in Messaging and Campaigns across all channels both operational and marketing oriented.
- Partners with the business and Product Management to establish and execute a strategic roadmap which realizes goals and objectives through differentiating technology systems specifically in customer-facing operational and marketing messaging in an airline context across web, mobile, social channels, chatbots, WhatsApp, SMS etc
- Work with Product Owner to align the roadmap with strengths and opportunities within the technical stack. Bring forward technical and business knowledge to influence decisions
- Responsible for architecture runway which in line with the Product Backlog staying ahead of the work-in-progress and ensuring the "right" amount of architecture runway enabling launch of new features
- Adept with system integration both upstream and downstream and ability to trouble shoot and solve integration issues
- Knowledge and experience of Scrum with keenness to bring agile mindset in solving problems or software development initiatives keeping the end-customer at the heart of delivery
- Implementation of right size processes to ensure smooth integration and working practices between Technology and CRM
- Design, execute, measure and refine of complex multi-wave, multi-channel communications using tool(s) such as Adobe Campaign, with coding for versioning (dynamic in email and mobile push), offers and personalization and Email Deployment
- Provide and be knowledgeable in 'best practices' in campaign development to optimize efficiency and quality of deliverables; implement and support automation triggered, recurring and adhoc communications
- Build and execute test and measure campaign strategies that will drive desired customer behavior
- Lead campaign and program requirement discussions to gain added insights from the customer data needed to drive strategies, such as understanding of offer responsiveness, content relevancy and communications channel engagement
- Document and communicate campaign strategy and work with campaign execution team and project manager to establish timeline and schedules for implementation and measurement
- Strong experience in creating targeted segments and models, identify key metrics used to evaluate performance of campaigns, and identify opportunities to optimize marketing campaigns
- Ability to define and implement integrations between the Adobe Marketing Cloud Products (AEM, Adobe Analytics, Adobe Audience Manager and Adobe Target)
- Ability to identify the components and Templates for Campaign Management Segmentation Workflows, Technical Workflows and Delivery Workflows
- Handling of day-to-day workflow (monitoring operational processes within Adobe Campaign and related tools)
Education & Experience
- Degree in a relevant field such as Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Software Engineering.
- Knowledge/skills: - Expert in the area of customer messaging and notifications.
- Experience in system integration both upstream and downstream
- 5+ years experience as an Adobe Campaign Developer, Technical Consultant or Business Consultant required.
- Has expertise in the Adobe Campaign platform
- Expertise and Experience in SQL (Oracle / SQL Server / PostgreSQL)
- Expertise in designing logical and physical data models
- Expertise in data ingestion techniques
- Knowledge on Web Technologies like HTML, CSS would be a plus
- Good communication skills to ensure effective customer interactions, communications,?and documentation
- Self-organized and highly motivated
- Fast learner, ability to learn new technologies/languages
- Experience working with SOAP & Rest APIs and how they interact with other upstream/downstream systems
- Strong knowledge of Twilio and WhatsApp integrations
- Although this role is tech agnostic however, it is key requirement to be able to work with providers like Adobe, 15below, Twilio etc
About the Company
Etihad Airways is the National Airline of the United Arab Emirates. The airline was set up by a Royal Decree in July 2003, with Abu Dhabi, the capital of the UAE, as its hub. Etihad started commercial operations in November 2003.
With Etihad, everyone who flies with us is welcomed as our guest.
This simple credo illuminates everything we do, from big things like making sure that our fleet is one of the most advanced in the sky, to small touches like letting you choose the films you watch.
Were proud to be the National Airline of the United Arab Emirates. At the crossroads between Europe and Asia, our home reflects our commitment to bringing the world closer together - as does our highly cosmopolitan staff.