Job description / Role
Who we are
We are a leading partner for luxury across the Middle East. With more than 600 stores, 300 brands and over 65 years of experience in the region, we have become a major player in the beauty, fashion and gift sectors, by offering service excellence to our partners and delighting all our customers. We are moving fast from a traditional distributor and retailer for luxury in the Middle East, to a hybrid retailer bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
To fuel the next stage of our growth we are looking to build a world class team. From physical retail through to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use technology and data to continuously improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey of exploring new horizons together.
RSC Tech of Chalhoub group is looking for an experienced Techno-Functional Lead, to lead their Store solution capability, specifically Point of Service.
What you will be doing
- Building and setting up new development tools and infrastructure
- Automate and improve development and testing processes - CI/CD/CT
- Technical review of code delivered by other team members - providing appropriate feedback.
- Fool-proof design covering security aspects.
- Analyzing and identifying technical issues/problems and developing software updates and 'fixes'
Leading Scrum team
- Working with software developers and software engineers to ensure that development follows established processes and works as intended
- Planning projects and being involved in project management decisions.
- Driving daily scrum meetings, tracking the Sprint progress, updating the stakeholders
- Conducting Sprint prioritization exercise with relevant stakeholders
- Conducting Sprint retrospective
- Coordinate with other track leads and ensure relevant requirements are socialized and agree on a timeline to complete the development in each track
- Comprehending business requirements and mapping to the product offering or features
- Understanding the needs of stakeholders and preparing both high level and low-level design
- Preparing slides/decks for store ops team, explaining the new feature additions
- Communicate new release plan to the stakeholders, conduct meetings to review the features and bug fixes in the release
- Prepare release notes and publish them to the stakeholders, including store ops, IT ops, Local IT, other track leads.
- Conduct knowledge sharing sessions with IT Ops and Retail Store Ops team
- Assess the devices available for use with the solution - assess for compatibility with the current version of the product
- Recommend new devices, based on the assessment findings
- Device may span from printers, cash drawers, credit card devices, scanners, RFID devices, handheld devices for mPOS
- Reviewing release value propositions, release notes of newer versions of the product
- Analyzing the features in new versions and define an approach to upgrade the current version
- Ensure regression validation of the new release is performed
- Ensure E2E validation of new release is performed
- Support SIT and UAT of changes executed as projects, as well as product updates
What you'll need to succeed
- Must have - Technical and Functional knowledge - Oracle Retail Xstore POS
- Good to have - Functional knowledge on Oracle Retail Modules - MoM, Store solutions (such as SIM, etc), working knowledge on SaaS/PaaS solutions.
- Knowledge on RFID/IoT/Store sensors and integration of the same with POS
- Tech skills - Java, Oracle PL/SQL, Unix scripting, batch scripting
- DevOps tools - specifically - Bitbucket, Jenkins, SonarCube
- Leading dispersed teams.
- Good to have - work experience in SDLC and Agile methodology
Should possess, the overall experience of 7 to 8 years, in the Software industry, with at least 3 years of experience in developing features in Xstore, with at least 2 years of experience in leading a team and also facing the client team.
Should be capable of managing global delivery model, meaning able to handle teams across the geography - near shore, offshore, onshore.
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.